Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Made the mistake of checking in on my old car. (I was trying to buy it back actually).
Guy followed through with my build plan to the T. Looks awesome.
Huron Speed fbody kit modified, Holley EFI, 4l80. Used my radiator, etc etc. basically finished what I was unable to. Car will make 1000hp no problem this way.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
image.jpeg

Success. WD40, LH drill bit, screw extractor, hammer, socket wrench, beer. But it's out.

ARP is sending me a few replacements for some bolts I was concerned with. And they're going to take these back for testing. Just hope to install the new ones successfully. I'll be going to China studs otherwise.

image.jpeg

Yanked the old cam and installed the new one using my trusty old lifter holders (aka smashed brake lines).
The cam retainer plate developed a hairline crack upon reinstallation. Amazing considering they're only torqued to 18ft.lb.
The only one I had in my stash is not up to snuff so I ordered a new one from summit.

Now we're back to waiting.

Reactions: 5 users
image.jpeg

Success. WD40, LH drill bit, screw extractor, hammer, socket wrench, beer. But it's out.

ARP is sending me a few replacements for some bolts I was concerned with. And they're going to take these back for testing. Just hope to install the new ones successfully. I'll be going to China studs otherwise.

image.jpeg

Yanked the old cam and installed the new one using my trusty old lifter holders (aka smashed brake lines).
The cam retainer plate developed a hairline crack upon reinstallation. Amazing considering they're only torqued to 18ft.lb.
The only one I had in my stash is not up to snuff so I ordered a new one from summit.

Now we're back to waiting.
I bet that was a satisfying moment when you pulled that out of the block.

Good for you brother.

I'm really enjoying reading your thread, even with the bowtie stuff!

Reactions: 1 user
ARP ended up overnighting the bolts from California. Got them this morning and gave them a shot this evening. Sweating bullets, no doubt about it.
image.jpeg

Ended up being successful. Which is a big relief. Unfortunately still waiting on a summit order (and now I've found a few things I wish I had thought to add last night).
image.jpeg

Old retainer plate on the left, spare on the right. The newer design (left) has countersunk bolt holes where the other plate must be older. Don't trust the bolts to not back out so I ordered a replacement. If you look closely the bottom hole is out of round and I believe this is what caused it to crack upon reinstallation.
image.jpeg

The seal on the old one is jacked up anyways, and seeing as this plate directs oil to the lifters, it seemed worth $20.

Reactions: 3 users
The new retainer plate had the same oblong hole but managed to torque it down without issue.
image.jpeg

But what fun would this be without problems. Luckily I have plenty to spare
image.jpeg

Now in hindsight, I could have maybe foreseen this issue. But it still pisses me off :fuss:

An angled fitting would have prevented this. A balancer without AC provisions would probably have prevented this.
Mentioning this sht in the item description absolutely would have prevented this.
But here we are all the same.

Reactions: 2 users
Made the mistake of checking in on my old car. (I was trying to buy it back actually).
Guy followed through with my build plan to the T. Looks awesome.
Huron Speed fbody kit modified, Holley EFI, 4l80. Used my radiator, etc etc. basically finished what I was unable to. Car will make 1000hp no problem this way.
image.jpeg
Where can we find the thread on this? Ls1tech?

Bought a balancer puller online from Advanced, all about the 20% coupons.
It says it's in stock so I drive over to pick it up. Lady pulls up my order and walks off in the back looking for a "13 piece harmonic balancer" while repeating the words over and over. I'm not sure what that is but I know she's not going to find it.
Another guy quickly walks up to rudely inform me they don't have those in stock and I'll have to order it. I still don't know what it is they're looking for. So i finally get to explain that it's a tool and I'm informed that "it's a rental" and they run off to the back again to dig through the rental tools.
Frustrated, I went and grabbed it off the shelf and brought it to the counter. when they finally came back, they acted like they knew all along what I was after.

My head hurts.

Reactions: 5 users