Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Just busting your chops.

Makes sense, cheaper than a cyote, parts are plentiful, handles oodles of power...

To each there own good sir. I'll be following along.
i was just joking, some things don't translate to text very well though.
I would love the car all the same with a coyote and a manual transmission but couldn't justify the cost compared to what I'll be doing with this setup. I wish it was a cheap route but I'm still thousands upon thousands away from being finished. If it moves in 2017 I'll be thrilled

Reactions: 2 users
i was just joking, some things don't translate to text very well though.
I would love the car all the same with a coyote and a manual transmission but couldn't justify the cost compared to what I'll be doing with this setup. I wish it was a cheap route but I'm still thousands upon thousands away from being finished. If it moves in 2017 I'll be thrilled
Ok,...that brings me to ask.
You always say that anybody that claims that an LS swap is cheap is full of it, and have personally spent thousands of dollars already, and by you're own admission are still thousands away from being finished.

Just how far apart are the two swaps?

Everything I know about the coyote swaps is based on FRPP pricing. I know very little about the actual swap other than general parts. I see they go for a fortune upon completion. I know f150 engines are cheaper but tracking down a transmission and control pack costs about the same regardless I'd imagine. Someone feel free to correct me there.
Mix that with my unfamiliarity with modular stuff and I'd be paying the dummy tax a lot.

If you called them the same price (which might be fair considering I'm not doing a super cheap budget build) then I'm left with the choice of a 400hp coyote car or a car with considerably more power on tap and an engine series I'm comfortable and familiar with.

We tallied this up on another thread a few months back. IIRC, a coyote swap can be done in the $6k range. Also, take into account that most will be starting with a modded fox, you can subtract the sales amount of SBF parts. I guess you could argue that with the LS swap too.

I prefer to see Ford in Ford and Chevy in Chevy, but it is a little easier to swallow if the vehicle is race oriented. Either way, I love your builds. Just don't sell it!!!

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
Not too worried about it escaping. Unlike the cobra build, it costs me nothing to sit in the garage. My house has been bought and my wife's school loans paid off. Sitting in a lot better shape this time around. So only a 50% chance I sell it at best ;)

Reactions: 6 users
IMG_5138.JPG

Like Christmas morning, except santa left me a bill

Reactions: 5 users
Got a pair of aluminum seats (didn't cost me anything) and I'm not sure I like them. I don't really like the Procar seats and I'm torn between finding a set of stock seats or getting a set of kirkeys with covers. These are Jaz seats and they were in a corvette my buddy bought a couple days ago. I feel like they're too short in addition to being uncomfortable :shrug:
IMG_5144.JPG

Those Jaz seats are terrible when compared to a Kirkey. (I've had both) The Jaz hits you across the back of your leg where that reinforcement is even w/ the upholstery, whereas the Kirkey is waay more form fitted, and actually comfortable.

Those Jaz seats are terrible when compared to a Kirkey. (I've had both) The Jaz hits you across the back of your leg where that reinforcement is even w/ the upholstery, whereas the Kirkey is waay more form fitted, and actually comfortable.
Good to hear. I've gotten a lot of recommendations for the kirkey seat with a cover. Have to see what they cost. Might go on my winter 2017 list. On the fence about some cage additions as well so maybe that can all get packaged together.
Trying to stay focused on getting it running and put off all the other stuff I want to do like change the rear bumper, add to the cage, change seats and door panels and all the rear suspension stuff. If i get carried away trying to improve a car I haven't even used yet I'll inevitably sink the ship.

Reactions: 1 user