Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

IMG_6153.JPG
Man I hate to ask, but has your car been wrecked?

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Man I hate to ask, but has your car been wrecked?
Dunno. I know you're referring to that part of the core support being tweaked a bit around the headlight but I couldn't tell ya. Wrecked sounds harsh though. The rest of the car seems to be solid and straight. Don't see any hacked up patching in the fender wells.
Could be sections of 3 different cars though :shrug:

Woke up a couple hours early for work today and worked on the car a bit. Managed to run a grinding disc across my finger but was otherwise productive. Trimmed the side tabs off the radiator and sectioned out a piece of the core support to set the radiator down in. More than likely will still be cutting it off entirely Friday when I start building the coldside as it still needs to come down below the upper core support.
IMG_6322.JPG

Still need to cut off the rest of the side brackets but it looks like I'll have plenty of room for filters and the radiator ports line up great. The fan that came with the radiator is grossly undersized so maybe a contour fan or something will be in order.
IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Well this thread took a depressing turn lol.
Not too concerned with some spot welds and a little wrinkled sheet metal you can't see with the front clip on honestly. Maybe I should be?
It'll all be cut off at some point regardless and it's hard to buy a car from 1990 and expect it not to have a history. Nicest fox I've ever owned :poo:ty spot welds or not.

Anywho, I think my lofty weekend plans to install the transmission, build the coldside, mount the wastegates, and wire the ECU have somehow morphed into taking a 2 day trip out of town and doing none of the above.
Get married they said
:(

Reactions: 6 users
Well this thread took a depressing turn lol.
Not too concerned with some spot welds and a little wrinkled sheet metal you can't see with the front clip on honestly. Maybe I should be?
It'll all be cut off at some point regardless and it's hard to buy a car from 1990 and expect it not to have a history. Nicest fox I've ever owned ****ty spot welds or not.

Anywho, I think my lofty weekend plans to install the transmission, build the coldside, mount the wastegates, and wire the ECU have somehow morphed into taking a 2 day trip out of town and doing none of the above.
Get married they said
:(

I feel you. I just returned from an overnight trip. Mine was fun though... because well... Spaceship. :D

Fwiw my car was stepped on like a beer car, stretched back out, slathered with mud, and hastily painted. It still goes straight-ish down the road. Sorry man, didn't mean to pee in your cheerios.

Fwiw my car was stepped on like a beer car, stretched back out, slathered with mud, and hastily painted. It still goes straight-ish down the road. Sorry man, didn't mean to pee in your cheerios.
Didn't bother me, it was a good observation. Ive never been good at that stuff truthfully. But I've gotten used to urine-o's lol

Reactions: 1 user
Woke up a couple hours early for work today and worked on the car a bit. Managed to run a grinding disc across my finger but was otherwise productive. Trimmed the side tabs off the radiator and sectioned out a piece of the core support to set the radiator down in. More than likely will still be cutting it off entirely Friday when I start building the coldside as it still needs to come down below the upper core support.
IMG_6322.JPG

Still need to cut off the rest of the side brackets but it looks like I'll have plenty of room for filters and the radiator ports line up great. The fan that came with the radiator is grossly undersized so maybe a contour fan or something will be in order.
IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG
I recommend my black hole causing, time warping, cat sucking fans. :rolleyes:

It's a wonder that the fans don't consume the radiator that they are attached to:shrug:.

Need a link?

I had to reduce the height of my saddle as well because I was using a really tall radiator and it stood above the upper as well.

I recommend my black hole causing, time warping, cat sucking fans. :rolleyes:

It's a wonder that the fans don't consume the radiator that they are attached to:shrug:.

Need a link?
Yes please. So far I've been recommended a contour fan and and Acura TL fan but I'm open to suggestions. I kind of sort of want to run it as a pusher fan but having the thought is as far as I've gotten. I know they're far less efficient setup that way.

Also wondering if there's any real statistics on cooling improvement with a 93 cobra grille insert. I like the GT nose just fine, but I imagine the whole operation would benefit from the additional air.

Last edited:
Yes please. So far I've been recommended a contour fan and and Acura TL fan but I'm open to suggestions. I kind of sort of want to run it as a pusher fan but having the thought is as far as I've gotten. I know they're far less efficient setup that way.

Also wondering if there's any real statistics on cooling improvement with a 93 cobra grille insert. I like the GT nose just fine, but I imagine the whole operation would benefit from the additional air.

To increase air through the grill, increase the height of the front air-dam.

There is an air-dam out there for either a 93 or a 96 Ford Bronco (I think it's the 93, I'd have to look to be sure). It's ABS plastic and is drill and sand to fit. It makes an amazing difference. Splitters are badass on Fox bodies IMO, if you're into fabricating one.

Last edited:

No prob...
Just be sure that there aren't any small family pets in front of the thing when you test fire these babies.
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-for...-the-gila-monster.871263/page-42#post-8846182

To increase air through the grill, increase the height of the front air-dam.

There is an air-dam out there for either a 93 or a 96 Ford Bronco (I think it's the 93, I'd have to look to be sure). It's ABS plastic and is drill and sand to fit. It makes an amazing difference. Splitters are badass on Fox bodies IMO, if you're into fabricating one.
I've read mix reviews on how well it works( none actually documented by scientific or engineering methods)