TBI injection?

valley82

May 16, 2005
San Diega, Ca.
The car is comming along nicely stripped and primmered, body work about 1/2 done. I'm in the process of making final decisions on drivetrain. Ford Racing 340 h.p. 302 crate, jba shorty headers, t-5 7000Z tranny, currie strengthened 8" rearend. My question---Have any of you guys used or heard good/bad things about the HOLLEY comander 950 TBI injection system? The 700cfm system is the one that was recomended to me by a gearhead buddy of mine, but I'd like some more input before ordering it. Thanks in advance.:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

valley82 said:
The car is comming along nicely stripped and primmered, body work about 1/2 done. I'm in the process of making final decisions on drivetrain. Ford Racing 340 h.p. 302 crate, jba shorty headers, t-5 7000Z tranny, currie strengthened 8" rearend. My question---Have any of you guys used or heard good/bad things about the HOLLEY comander 950 TBI injection system? The 700cfm system is the one that was recomended to me by a gearhead buddy of mine, but I'd like some more input before ordering it. Thanks in advance.:SNSign:

ive heard it is incredibly UN-tunable but make a good peice of hardware for something like a megasquit.

I actually recieved the 22S kit last week(750cfm). Have not installed it yet, but for the $ it looked to be the best system out there. It looks easy to tune, ive been reading the manual which i downloaded from holleys website. I swapped to a single plane intake since i figured it would have better distribution, but upon doing so i found a wicked vaccum leak into the engine valley. The gaskets were a mess and i couldnt get my carb to idle and run as well as i think it should. So right now im putting it back together with the new intake and old carb and trying it. I had planned on swapping in a 5.0 TFI distributor for the timing feature too. I may still do it since its soooo much easier to tune.

the commander 950 is supposed to be a nice system and pretty easy to tune. the old analog pro-jection units were pretty much un-tunable and even some of the first digital systems weren't very user friendly, but ihaven't heard anything bad about the commander 950

bnickel said:
the commander 950 is supposed to be a nice system and pretty easy to tune. the old analog pro-jection units were pretty much un-tunable and even some of the first digital systems weren't very user friendly, but ihaven't heard anything bad about the commander 950

Oh right right, I was thinking of the projection system. Dont know anythign about the commander. Sorry for the confusion.

Commander 950 is supposed to be pretty good. Not as flexible as something like the Megasquirt, but at the same time it's also MUCH easier to install and get your initial tuning done.

Unfortunately I've heard nothing but bad things about the mortality rate of the Holley ECU's. Seems that they tend to fail alot...