TCI Transmissions and Converter Problems

spirockp

5 Year Member
Mar 26, 2004
NJ
I'm sure many users here have purchased items through TCI, However I cannot find any complaints. Well I have a few.

I purchased a Flexplate and a Torque Converter and had to modify both in order to install.

I'm not sure of the correct term, but both of them had "weld splash" on them. On the side of the flexplate that installs to the torque converter, there was so much "weld splash" on it that it would not install flat. So I had to remove it in order to have a flat surface so I can install. Then on the torque converter I also has "weld splash" on the inside of the screw holes so much that I could not install the bolt to attach to the flexplate. I needed to buy a tap and re-tap them. I have emailed them, no response. I have tried to call, but they keep passing me on to someone else and have not received a call back. Now I know the changes I needed to perform were minor, but after spending $450 should I have to modify anything at all? It doesn't seem that they have good quality control coming out of the machine shop.

Has anyone had any similar experience?

Peter S.

• Sponsors (?)