Team Continental Driver Training at P.I.R. - May 25

duner

Mr. Warmth
Jul 21, 2003
Oregon
I have decided to attend some driver training this summer. Anyone interested in joining me?

Team Continental has a very good reputation for providing a great class and on-track experience. This is something I’ve been thinking about doing for awhile. It’s going to be awesome to haul ass around PIR.

http://www.teamcontinental.com/

There are two portions to the class. Tuesday May 24th starting around 7pm. there will be a classroom session at P.I.R. and Wednesday May 25th will be the on-track portion.

Here are the things I’m looking forward to getting out of this:
Having a ****ing blast
Leaning proper car control in high speed situations
Learning vehicle dynamics
Finding out what my Cobra is really capable of. Can’t do this on the street.
Having a ****ing blast
After completing this training, you can attend on-track days with other clubs etc…

This summer will see lots of major racing at PIR. I want the experience of driving the entire course in my car. That will bring a completely new level of appreciation to watching the Champ Car and ALMS guys run.

A few things to remember
This is training not racing. The club has strict rules about this. A qualified instructor will be a passenger in your car when completing the on-track sessions.
This is not a timed event. Very important consideration when it comes to insurance. Most insurance companies don’t cover timed events (late night drags).

I have arranged a group discount with Team Continental. They are willing to give us a discount if we can get five or more people to attend. Normally the class and on track training costs $195. With five or more people, the cost will be $150.

Team Continental donates 10% of the net proceeds from their events to the National Breast Cancer Association.

This is not an event sponsored by Stangnet and I’m not a member of Team Continental.

If you are interested, please let me know so I can get your name to the club BEFORE you register.

Keith

• Sponsors (?)

:damnit: I'm already signed up, just a couple days ago.

The TC folks are pretty cool. Maybe they will count me as one of your 5. Won't hurt to ask.

This will be my 3rd time. You're gonna have a ****ing blast. It would really be cool to have a bunch of stangs out there. And don't forget bring your camera.

03SHKR said:
:damnit: I'm already signed up, just a couple days ago.

The TC folks are pretty cool. Maybe they will count me as one of your 5. Won't hurt to ask.

This will be my 3rd time. You're gonna have a ****ing blast. It would really be cool to have a bunch of stangs out there. And don't forget bring your camera.

Tell them you were a little quick on the draw :rlaugh: Shoot me a PM with your real name and I'll include you on the list.

I'll be coming out again. I had a great time and learned some things too. The price seems cheap after the speeding ticket I got coming back from Camp 18. I paid for the school back in March, but I emailed Holly to see if I count for the five needed for the Mustang Special. I don't need the discount but might help to get to five cars. I'll post her response when I get it.

I have forwarded 5 names to the club.

Rootus
03SHKR
Rob
fast99cobra
duner

hicalibrbulit please send me a PM with your name. We've met but I forgot it.

Anyone else interested?

Here's a vid and a few pics from the March training

03SHKR

IMG_5658.JPG

IMG_5661.JPG

I'm registered. For those who haven't been out before you will be required to empty the interior of all loose items and take out the spare and jack. Not a big deal but this time I will bring a container to store my stuff. Also a chair to relax between track times. The concession stand was open last time out and we got pizza and bevarages afterwards. I will also plan on refueling part way through the day. It took more than a full tank last time. Now if the rain would stop......but then again it might be interesting.

wicked93 said:
:damnit: I spent all my funds on the motor install and the front yard :( are planning on doing this again and if so when I would like to make something like that some time

We'll probably be doing it again. I'll let you know when the next class comes around.