tech is dead today

• Sponsors (?)

Heres some oil tech. I went to walmart (sigh) and picked up 4 quarts of walmart brand supertech oil @ $.97/qt and a walmart supertech filter for $2.07 to change the oil on my saturn. After tax, thats $6.46 for an oil change :D

Are you still bored after reading my tech?

Grn92LX said:
Heres some oil tech. I went to walmart (sigh) and picked up 4 quarts of walmart brand supertech oil @ $.97/qt and a walmart supertech filter for $2.07 to change the oil on my saturn. After tax, thats $6.46 for an oil change :D

Are you still bored after reading my tech?

Where's the tech? Maybe if you had asked something about synthetic oil I wouldn't have been bored. :D :stick:

bjl95mustang said:
And thats my fault. So is your car all finished? You can aim me too if you guys get bored.

Nah, still running real rich, can't figure out why unless the PCM just can't adjust to the 30lb injectors and all the other crap I did to it. I bought that twEECer RT today though, should be coming in middle of next week. I hope that fixes it, otherwise I have no idea what else to look for.

bjl95mustang said:
Well, you can still bring your car down tomorrow and play and see if you can get a good base line tune. Then i can make it into a file and e-mail it to you.

Hopefully my car will make it down. My front seal on my lower plenum are pushing out, causing it to leak oil onto my block by the base of the dizzy. I'm sure the rear is pushing out too. I don't want those to blow out on I35, lol. But I don't have time to tear the intake off tonight to replace them, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the trip down there with her.

bjl95mustang said:
did you use the rubber piece or just all rtv? My machine shop said to use just rtv and not the rubber pieces that come with the gasket sets.

:bang: I used the stupid rubber pieces. The mechanic I was talking to the other day said never to use those rubber pieces too. He said a good 1/2" bead of RTV and that's it. Fun! Fun! I get to waste more time redoing my work AGAIN! :rolleyes: I'm a little bitter right now