Techco Watts Link

lightblade

Aug 7, 2004
Ordered mine today from Brenspeed. Anyone seen intall tips or a writeup yet. Thinking about making one when I install it. Its looks like a nice piece and is supposed to be stronger and lighter than the saleen watts. Cant wait till its here!

• Sponsors (?)

I suspect the Techo/Saleen units are quieter and better suited for street driving compared to the Fays2 and Steeda units. I'm still not comfortable with using the diff cover as an anchoring point for center propeller.

You know at one point lakewood also had a watts link for the car but that used some types of clamps that went on the axle and didn't look too sturdy either. Price was nice though around 400 bucks.

I have a lakewood watts on the car now. It sucks. it clamps to the axles like u said, i had fitment issues and even when its on tight it slips over time. Also all the hardware that came with it is rusted and the bolt in the middle is in a slot to allow it move up and down but when it does the bolt cuts and dent the slot and gets stuck. Very crappy. So i cant wait for this new watts link!

I have a lakewood watts on the car now. It sucks. it clamps to the axles like u said, i had fitment issues and even when its on tight it slips over time. Also all the hardware that came with it is rusted and the bolt in the middle is in a slot to allow it move up and down but when it does the bolt cuts and dent the slot and gets stuck. Very crappy. So i cant wait for this new watts link!

Yeah looked kinda cheap from what i saw. That's why I went with the Fays2. Good luck with your techo and let us know how it goes :nice:

I suspect the Techo/Saleen units are quieter and better suited for street driving compared to the Fays2 and Steeda units. I'm still not comfortable with using the diff cover as an anchoring point for center propeller.

Ford did this with the Falcon over in Australia until it went with IRS. My sister was living there for a year, and I was tempted to have her pickup the bits so I could fabricate my own watts. The Falcon used the standard for 8.8" rear, so that part would bolt right up. The EL generation is what I'm talking about:

EL Falcon Suspension Changes.

Yep basically the Falcons and the Commodores were running that setup which worked great, however as Jim Fay puts it the only thing you replace in his kit is the center bolt should it be stripped due to an accident (sliding out of control and off the track). That's a 8 dollar part.

If you strip a diff mounted watts wouldn't you be out possibly the diff, gears, an some misc hardware? That would be a lot more expensive to fix then the watts arm setup.