Teeny Weenie Update On The Shelby

Cman

Founding Member
Aug 4, 2001
Toronto, Canada
Hi guys, yes again it's been a while since I've posted here but trust me I plan to make more time on here compared to before.

So a couple years ago I got my 2013 Shelby GT500, car has been great and I enjoy driving it just as much as my Z06.

In the few years since I've done a few things, here is the car basically stock:

2hnp06r.jpg

At one time I did get an extra set of 2013/14 Shelby base wheels and tires:

2ms3htt.jpg

I used these wheels and tires to do 2 lapping days at Mosport. Sold the wheels and kept the tires.

I did up the rear suspension to Steeda stuff consisting of:

rear upper arm and mount
panhard bar and brace
billet alum. rear lower control arms.

2l3tp0.jpg

lower K member brace

167qdko.jpg

I am also using 2 Enkei RPF1 18x10" wheels mounted with Hoosier DR's 315/30/18 for drag racing

IMG_5982_zps6de2ec0a.jpg

This past winter the new mods I did consisted of:

Pulled old calipers off and had them powdercoated a copper colour and reinstalled with steel braided brake lines.

24zjbrd.jpg

Camber plates from Maximum Motorsports (no pic).

OR X pipe from Lethal Performance and tune from Lund

28gt3z9.jpg

Forgeline GA1R wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires

1248pzm.jpg

The complete pics:

28vfxqa.jpg

2ebswid.jpg

qrdyxk.jpg

Car will be headed down to Daytona this winter for me to do a weekend lapping event on the Rolex course (it will be trailered down).

Looking forward to it.

Tony

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Started losing some weight out of the front of this car. Added a Steeda lower rad support brace and removed the stock battery and box and replaced with a PC680 Odyssey battery. That so far has dropped about 27 lbs. off the front end of the car.

A switch to a lithium battery in the future will drop even more pounds from this mod.

Next phase is a aftk K member with possible frt lower control arms.................would like to get close to about a 60lbs. weight savings off the front.

Attachments

• pc680%20Shelby%20install_zpsnefreocj.jpg
    pc680%20Shelby%20install_zpsnefreocj.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 206