Tensioner question running electric fan/water pump with no A/C

ritc

Oct 5, 2006
When the car gets out of the body shop I plan on doing a pretty decent engine bay face lift, i've already found the right Moroso electric water pump, have a left over fan from my old SHO project, soon to order DC controller, 3G will get from local parts store along with wiring/fuses etc., and I will be removing the A/C and Smog pump as well and get my aftermarket h-pipe cats removed after i'm done with the above.

Now my only three concerns right now are if I need to cap or do anything from the old factory WP to bolt on the moroso electric wp or is it a simple remove old one and install new deal? Can I use the factory tensioner in any way with just a alt/crank/p/s setup? Or would I need to buy an adjustable alt bracket and get rid of the factory tensioner, I see a problem with this though looks like the electric pump would in the path of a belt running from the alt/crank to p/s, does buying a FMS a/c delete kit to move the p/s to where the a/c is make more sense with the belt routing? Seems like I could use the factory tensioner this way based on my thoughts looking at the pic I just uploaded.

Also if anyone else has this setup what size belt are you using?

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Sponsors (?)