Terminator or S-197

Burtonsnow157

Dec 16, 2007
Alright, so im 20 and i have a 2003 GT. I fell in love with the car and have had it for a year but i'm tired of modding it and thinking in the back of my head how it will never even touch a cobra, probably not a mach 1 either without extreme mods.

I brought up the proposition of buying a cobra to my parents and of course they bricked right away. They were flippin but eventually calmed down and said to me

"we can support you wanting to buy a newer car like an 05/06 GT, but a 2003 cobra wont improve your situation at all and we cant stand behind that"

- theyd be lending me the difference that i sell my gt for. . what do you guys think i can get for a 2003 Dsg GT in near mind condition inside and out with one minor accident.

Main Question Though is this:

Would you rather have a 2003 cobra with about 30000 miles on it for about $20k or would you rather buy a 2005-2006 GT with about the same miles for a little less money?

I'm sure i know the obvious answer but im asking anyway

• Sponsors (?)

What is your situation?

Nothing is wrong with the car you have but...if your gonna get something new you know you want the termi.

Termi>>>>>>>>s197 about a billion times

Theres really no point in gettin a s197 over what you have now...except that its newer I guess.

Your a 20 year old man, and you still let your parents decide what you need to get?

yeah i know it sucks. . . i live here though lol and the only reason why they have any say is cause i needa borrow the money from them. . . . if i borrow from a bank or finance it it'll cost way too much.

Have you tried explaining to them that that termi is twice the car you have now in every way? lol

I tried that route and they said "the speed limit is 55 so why have a faster car than you have now" and then when i said "the cobra is a more well rounded car in every way" my mom started laughing and said that was b.s

I can relate as I had this exact same situation in front of me about 3 months ago. It was a problem of always wanting more and better. But I am perfectly happy with my GT, throw a blower on that sucker and I would be so freakin happy. I like to be fast, and win races just like the next guy, but I also want more like a house...boat...and another tight ride would be awesome too. It about what you want out of your Mustang, I get plenty of enjoyment of planning my next mod and installing it with having to worry about borrowing money (car paid off = badass) and making a payment.

On the flip side though...Termi's make me wanna slap my momma.

I dunno dude.

If you are 20, living at home and need to borrow money from your parents to buy a new car...perhaps a terminator isn't the best thing for you right now.

I can understand why your parents think the way they do. They don't think like us in the sense that "Holy ****! A terminator! I wanna kiss the ground it rolls over". They thinkg "WHy is my son going to sell a perfectly good car for probably a loss to only buy the same exact car and year?"

BTW, i've been trying to sell my MINT '03 GT now for $10K and get very little bites on it. I have a feeling i'll have to drop it to 8-9K to sell it now.

Not trying to lecture you....but i've been through the same stuff when i was younger and now realize a few things i didn't see when i was that age

well truth be told they lent me money toward my gt first time around last year. they lent me 5 grand but i paid it off in 6 months meanwhile paying for insurance, beer, and books and stuff.

what im probably gunna do is just save up til mid next summer and sell my car around blue book which is 11 now. it dropped $5,500 in value in only a year though so thats why i wanna get out while i can and get a cobra