test drive leads to disaster (pics)

Kabuki_notch

Founding Member
Nov 19, 2001
Rochester, NY
So, someone came to look at my GT today and I took him for a test ride he asked to look at the engine so I opened the hood. Then he wanted to go for a ride thats when the disaster took place, first off I am glad this was a side street. So I was doing mabey 20mph and I stomped on it, however I forgot one little thing, good old MR. HOOD PIN. the carnage ensued. The hood stands straight up and smashes the cowl, dents the area next to the cowl and chips the fiberglass hood, some how by gods grace the hood slammed down perfectly into the hood pin holes and caused no further damage, lesson of the story dont forget those hood pins and use a latch as well :(

View attachment 475531
View attachment 475533

• Sponsors (?)

DMAN302 said:
I was not aware of the updraft created by these "dynos"...I might avoid them in the future cause I really like me hood :)

Prior to both dyno pulls, he was showing off his stuff. Took the car out on the street to warm up everything and came back with a busted windshield. TWICE! :nonono:

Kabuki_notch said:
id take it, i want the **** gone
Look at the good side.. You did NOT destroy the cowl panel, it can be fixed... You can have it up and looking like new for 1000 bucks... Then add it into the price... Your car is extremely nice.. There is SOMEONE out there willing to pay 8-9K for it... You just gotta wait for them to find you. :nice: