test drive leads to disaster (pics)

That happened to me when I had my first car and the hood came all the way onto the windshield and I was on a bridge so I couldnt stop and had to drive to the other side, my hood hinges tore through the cowl panel!

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks man, but you got off pretty easy..Happened to me twice before I got pins, and it wasn't pretty..Really smashed in the metal next to the cowl, and totally destroyed the cowl itself..(Along with damaging my Cervini 4" cowl)..I definately sympathize!

its some scary **** huh? I just put on my cowl one day and went on the freeway and forgot to but the hood pins and and the left side like ripped up but the whole hood overall stayed down it was scary as ****. Im suprised it didnt rip the fiberglass hood in half!!

3 months ago Im cruizing down the freeway pulling my work trailer and a Honda Accord about 4 cars in front of me has his hood come completely off doing 75 mph. The thing went about 25' in the air and landed right in front of me, crunch. The 37" BFG's just smushed it down and no damage at all! Lucky.....

i'd like to say sorry to hear about your misfortune first off.

for the year or so that i've been reading on stangnet all i ever hear is get hood pins because those fiberglass hoods and locks are a pos so make sure you pin your fiberglass hood.
doesn't it really all boil down to one thing and that is make sure your hood is closed and latched before you take off in your car.
hood pins only work if you put the pin in, and hoods rarely open if there closed properly is what a good friend of mine told me.

I don't have pics of mine when if flew up, but here is a mental picture...65mph
and mine flies up but the hood stays on. couldn't see out of my windshield so I look like Ace Ventura with my head hanging out of the car. Hood ruined, cowl gone, hood arms junk, and that **** was caved in so bad that there was no way that my wipers would even come close to working. Worst day of my life. But my dad is one hell of a body man and pushed it back up and a little bondo, windshield, hood, paint, and cowl and you can't even tell anything ever happend.