Tested the new Diablosport Revolution software and chip

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by stangfreak00, Dec 4, 2003.

1. First off, I wanna give props to DTP Racing for doing such an excellent job.

A little about my car...
    It's a 99 GT with a 96 shortblock and ported PI heads. I have a pro-chamber, stock catback with flowmaster 2 chambers, a K&N filter and THAT'S IT. Other than what you read I have absolutely NO BOLT ONS.

On the stock tune and timing I made 258/305.
    On the Diablo Revolution I made 270.6/315.

I'm not allowed to divuldge the details on the tune, but I can tell you that I saw with my own two eyes that the A/F is conservative and the timing was damn near stock. They didn't want to get to crazy as the car was only out to them on a loan from me.

I'm very impressed with this software. You can change everything and it burns four banks. I don't have a scanner, but I'm gonna try to post a dyno sheet soon. You can use my old dyno sheet in my sig as a guide... I gained no less than around 9-10 hp and 8 tq at any one point on the curves.

Again, I wanna thank the guys at DTP for some outstanding work. I'm thrilled with this...
  2. Why can't you mention any of the tuning mods? Just curious? I mean if you paid for them and all...

edit, sorry, I see the mods... So with just ported heads and cat-backs your pulling almost 260rwhp?

3. Remember, if he is using a 96 shortblock he is also running about 10.5 to 1 compression.
  4. Prochamber too

Is this Revolution software like the SCT software? Extreme customization? :shrug:
  5. I am not sure, I looked it up on their site and it doesn't appear too aggressive. I would like to see more info on it though...

6. Here is the URL for the Diablo site talking about the software for this chip...

It seems like they are trying to do a good job of it and get as much testing as possible straight out. It also says that it is not available just yet.