Testing Coil Packs with Ohmmeter?

bryan0

Jun 9, 2005
Bethel, CT
Can anyone tell me the resistance I should have on my mustang? I have the vortech mongoose kit, I don't know if that changes anything or not.

I couldn't find any instructions about how to do this, if anyone knows a write up, please post it.

I want to make sure my COP's are good because my car's running bad under load, and I don't want to spend a million dollars fixing it if I can diagnose the problem for free with an ohmmeter. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

1.5 ohms between the 2 pins on the connector
5.41K between the plug coil wire and connector pins

I had a bad coil pack and it read the exact some ohms as the good ones. The COP would misfire under load. It would be fine on idle.

The easiest way to fix it is to get 1 coil pack on ebay for $24 and swap them 1 by 1. There is NO electrical way to test a bad coil pack easily.

I got it from this guy on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Moto...tegoryZ33689QQihZ009QQitemZ190082704200QQrdZ1

Ebay sellar name: evalero1

Works great.

i tested mine with a mutimeter and they were "supposedly" good but the car still missed, so i just said **** it and bought the ones by accel from summit. now it runs like a champ