TFS stage one cam has no keyway

stang-geoff

Jan 2, 2010
My new cam has no keyway. There's just a hole where one would be at. Is this right? How am I suppose to put this together?

well apparently my old pin should be able to come out fairly easily. I tried yanking it out earlier. I guess I'll have to try again.

managed to get that pin out with some vice grips and twisting it.

• Sponsors (?)

Are you talking about the pin at the end of the camshaft? because two pins cam with the trickflow cam that i have. A short pin is for late model and the longer pins is for the early model 5.0 engines. What place did you get your new cam from because two pins came with my cam.

When i orderd my trickflow cam two new pins came with mine.. one pin is for use in a late model 5.0 engine and the longer pin is for a early model 5.0 motor. A new pin should have came with your cam. Where did you order it from?

Thanks for the offer. I used some vice grips and managed to twist and pull out the old one. Marred up the old pin pretty well but I filed the high spots and cleaned it up with some emery cloth. Now it's installed on the new cam. I think I'll be fine with that.