TFS Street heat intake vs. others

Obviously this is a cheap manifold, from a respectable manufacturer. But why is this intake so much cheaper than say.. edelbrock performer or GT40? Do other intakes flow better? Or do they just cost more. What kind of difference in performance would you see between the TFS street heat and a performer?

I want to go with Trickflow heads and stage 1 cam, but I think i might go with an edelbrock intake instead of a TFS. For my daily driven car, would I be better off with a performer or performer RPM?

• Sponsors (?)

I thought about going with a TFS street heat intake but I got a hellaciously(sp?) on a GT 40 intake so I went with that. Can't go wrong with a GT 40 for $200. But TFS was on my short list.

Can anyone enlighten me on why the street heat is so much cheaper than most other intakes. Does it flow as well as a performer, or a gt40/cobra? Is the street heat the best intake to go with the twisted wedge heads and stage 1 cam, or is there something better? I'm planning on staying N/A and i wont be revving high, so there's no need for a track heat or RPM. I just wanna know which is better between the street heat and the performer.

I believe the Performer makes a little bit more power than the Street Heat, and I think the Edelbrock is of superior quality, but in the end you have to decide if it's worth the extra money. I bought my Performer used, but when I was comparing new ones it seemed like the Street Heat sold for around $100 less.

thats not necessarily true. I wouldnt just go out and say the performer makes more HP, though it most likely is easier to install. there was an article in one of the mustang magazines a couple years back where they tested all of them and the street heat was one of the best, made basically the same topend as the track heat with more lowend and avg hp. This may all be moot though since I dont remember the combo though since at the time I read it I didnt care cuz I never thought I would take modding a car so far. someone has got to have it somewhere...

if you looking to pass smog go with the cobra intake its smog legal if your looking for drag or track only go with gt40 heads and elderbrock lower and upper intake its the best setup for your money also get C&L intake and mass air, 4.10 gears control arms, drive shaft, short shifter, and many more but if your looking for a great intake that you know wont brake its eather cobra or elderbrock its your choice i live in sacramento ca and for smog reasons i have cobra intake with gt40 heads and e-303 camshaft and bbk headers but its what you decide remember all 5.0 mustangs are not alike even with the same performance parts each mustang will produce different power.