TH400 install in T5 Fox Mustang (Wiring)

Manewaymja2

Feb 11, 2009
OK guys i have turned one of my Stangs into an allout drag car and therefore swaped to a Th400 just for the fun of it to get some consistant times and maybe some better 60' times with the use of a Transbrake.

Well i looking for anyone who has done this with sucess or can help with wiring it up in there. I have already got a longer drive shaft that works great with the set up (347 SBF Dart / race built TH400 with transbrake / Built 8.8 Rear), but i want to make sure i do all my Trans wiring corect before installing up in there as i cant get to the wires once its installed. All Trans install experts please help.

What wiring changes and much needed plug ins or tie offs etc???????????

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Ahhhh theres got to be some serious drag racers in here? No one even know where i can look for this info. And yes did allot of Google searching. Maybe ill have to try a site with more drag racers.:shrug::shrug::shrug:

Did I not say its an allout racer.........I am not disrespecting Ford the GM Trans was a great deal and better priced. Not to say Ford isnt any good. Either way i am only looking for some help on the instalation. Will check out Click Click Thanks

What wiring? Other than the brake a TH400 doesn't have electronic controls that I am aware of. For neutral safety and reverse lights if you want them it is on the shifter using a micro-switch.

wythors didnt think that you were dogging me in any way.

SScott Thanks for the reply, do understand i have not much knowledge into the Auto Trans Drag racing much less swaping Boxes, so i am trying to learn as i go. I have noticed that there is a micro switch in the Shifter package just didnt know what it was for, see im still waiting on my Envelope from the company that i purchased the Trans from with (what I hope to be) the intructions. In the main time searching in addvance.

All diagrams and pics are also welcomed.

I have done allot of Google with limited install diagrams and photos and even less info on any needed wiring and the EEC comp and what to do with the wire thats there for the Gear Box. I am thinking just bag/maybe cup grease them and strap up and out of the way for future and to protect from water etc.

If memory serves me correct, the TH400 has an electronic kickdown. I never hooked it up nor used cables on a TH350. If you want it, they were hooked into a switch on the pedal, you will have to find one in a Chevy from a junkyard, you can also straight wire the kickdown to 12V switched.

You will need to run a full time vacuum to the modulator valve, there should be a small screw inside that lets you fine tune auto shift points but the governor does most of that unless you went full manual, then no need.

Here are a few pics they may help, you can see where to wire in the micro switches from your old setup:

T5_Trans_Electronics.JPG

nitrous_wiring%20%28Medium%29.jpg

Thanks and dont want to sound stupid but can you circle the needed parts of the diagram as im sure there are some there that i will not be using.

Are you saying just use the mircro switch part of the diagram for the Trans Brake install?????

Then also what
You will need to run a full time vacuum to the modulator valve, there should be a small screw inside that lets you fine tune auto shift points but the governor does most of that unless you went full manual, then no need.

Any chance you can kinda spell this out as i dont even know what the Modulator valve is or located and what vacum line should i use?????

Sorry for being so not educated about Auto Trans:nonono: