That MGW shifter is QUIET!!!

• Sponsors (?)

twogts4us said:
As a what?
Enough already with these f'ing MGW shifter threads - OK, OK, it's a great shifter.
OK ok....since it was already brought up..... :rolleyes:

MGW (Blue Handle) vs.Steeda Tri-Ax...
which is better... *And yes I know this is all opinion but I want to hear opinion*. The only thing that seems to be holding the Tri Ax in the race is the spring loaded 2nd-3rd. I heard it is almost impossible to miss with that. However the MGW seems more appealing otherwise. So what do you guys think? :shrug:

since i put on my mgw handle(on a pro 5.0) it is so nice and quiet, way less vibration, and the throw is perfect. I can keep my elbow on the center console when I shift in to all gears, especially 5th.

The difference between the MGW "Blue Handle" and the Steeda Tri-Ax is like night and day. I got the MGW and the shifts are super short and firm in every gear. I tested a Steeda Tri-Ax on another guys Mustang and it felt like a stock shifter. The throws felt like they were a mile apart. I don't know how the shifts feel on the "Red Handle" MGW, but the "Blue Handle" is unbeatable.

The red handle is longer. This means it has slightly longer throws and better leverage than the blue handle. However, the red handle is meant for comfort and ease, not aggressive shifting like the blue. This does not mean the red handle can't take the abuse. The red handle is perfect for tall drivers that would have reach issues with other short throw shifters.

did you use the cobra bob gaskets to? if not its helps reduce noise to a already great shifter. I have personally tried the up shifter, steeda triax and now the mgw shifter, mgw beats the other 2 no contest.

MikeZ28 said:
why do you guys want your elbow on the armest and hand on the shifter anyways... ford kept it far away on purpose...it's bad for the synchros too keep your hand on the shifter while driving... even if your carefull you end up put pressure on the shifter....
The hand on the shifter scenario doesnt hold water in my book.
For some people that may be a problem(keeping hand on the shifter while not shifting) but I dont do it, so why wouldnt I want to be able to rest my arm on the console. I just place my hand on the shifter and shift when i need to instead of having taking by upper back away from the back of the seat and having to basically lock my elbow when I shift into 3rd and fifth. Try downshifting into a high speed corner with you back away from the seat(i.e. no back support), and with it firmly planted, while being able to shift into any gear without a hint of discomfort(i.e. lack of ergonomics), you would see what I mean Every other car manufactuer builds their cars this way, so why shouldn't we retrofit ours to do so. I pretty sure you can't do that(shift with elbow on console) with the stock shifter anyways. Enough with the shifter topic already

This thread is no more repetitive than the SLP, Gears, Tires, Intakes, PI Heads and all those other threads that show up daily. Who put a gun to your head and forced you to click into this thread? Anyway, I rest my ape arms on the console and lightly have my hand on the shifter sometimes. This aint gonna hurt anything. I've done this with any shifter I've had.