That trickflow kit....

• Sponsors (?)

Trickflow heads are good, and for the price they're hard to beat. On a 302 you will see better results from AFR 165's, but you will still see very respectable numbers from a TFS twisted wedge head. The TW heads are a little bigger, and seem to work better on strokers.

At $2050, it's a good option if you don't want to shell out the extra cash for the ultimate solution, the almighty AFR/FTI/Edelbrock combo :lol:.

Dave

I think Hairy Canary Said it well.

The trickflow heads are gonna give you better numbers with blower or turbo than AFR 165's (usually) will. That kit is such a good buy. I wouldn't think twice about getting that. It will be over 300 to the tires with longtubes and all the supporting items. With that cam you don't have to worry about piston to valve clearance either. The Trickflows use to have guide problems but that was fixed long ago. They are quality heads.

Everyone can argue which is better but both heads have there ups and downs. They just make power differently. :shrug:

Hope that helps

The TFS package takes any and all guesswork out of matching parts, from rockers to push rods to gaskets. I would only swap out the bolts the kit comes with with a set of ARPs.
I am planning on purchasing the kit as well.

I think some of it is personal preference. The FTI/AFR stuff works obviously, and works well at that. There's no "BUT..." after that.

I like the TFS stuff because it also leaves growing room. The TW heads can support a crap load of power once they're opened up (as can the AFR's, no doubt) and you can always swap to a track heat intake.

I agree that with L/Ts and the right MAF and TB, the kit would make over 300 at the wheels and that ain't too bad for 2 large. :nice:

im probably going to go with that same kit sometime soon. it isnt quite as good as an AFR/FTI combo, but will still make impressive numbers for less $$$. twisted wedge heads will also still work on your combo if you decide to stroke your engine at a later date, a nice benefit i think. (MM&FF's ultimate cylinder test showed that AFR 185 heads made 8 more peak hp than twisted wedge, on their 331) the AFR's are definitely better if you have the cash, but you will have to step up to a bigger head if you go with a bigger engine.

Would getting the kit with the track heat intake be worth it compared to the street intake kit? Reason is cause it states in this page that the kit with the track heat intake makes 360 HP (10 HP more) than the street intake but you loose 20 ft.-lbs. of torque with it and costs $50 more. What do you guys think? Do you have to flycut the pistons or no with these kits? What lifters would you guys recommend with the kits since they are not included? Thanks.

TFS-K514-350-370 Kit

Sorry to hijack your thread, GreenMustangGt. :nonono:

pleasehelp said:
Would getting the kit with the track heat intake be worth it compared to the street intake kit?
If it's for a daily driver, I wouldn't sacrifice the torque for the extra horsepower on the top end. Torque is what you feel on the street, horsepower makes you a little faster at the track.

Dave

Anyone have a list of everything that comes in the kit, the summit website doesnt really say. Do injectors/fuel pump and all that come with it?

I already have somw TW heads sitting in my garage and was planning on just finding everything used but for alittle over 2g's it seems like it would be about the same price and it sure would be easier. I'm thinking about selling the heads and getting the kit.

Didn't mean to hijack :(

got a guestion- - - say i have a stock 302 and plan on adding an s-trim and say maybe later building a 306 for boost, could i buy this kit and be good? or should i buy something else just becuase of my future plans? I mean how much room for growth does this kit provide. And last question, what would be better street or track heat.

With the Trickflow Stage 1 Cam I would use the street intake and not the Track Heat. I would be surprised if there were more than 5 horsepower difference between the two.

The Kit I believe comes with

Heads
Intake
Cam
Rockers 1.7
Gasket set
Bolt set
Timing chain

No Fuel system pumps or nothing. Just the big Hardware.

DirtyD916 said:
got a guestion- - - say i have a stock 302 and plan on adding an s-trim and say maybe later building a 306 for boost, could i buy this kit and be good? or should i buy something else just becuase of my future plans? I mean how much room for growth does this kit provide. And last question, what would be better street or track heat.

This kit would work fine for any power adder you can throw at it. Heck....Almost any Blown H/C/I combo will get you over 500 to the wheels, with a good shortblock.

Those heads are great blower heads and flow plenty for most applications. Either intake will work fine. But with a blower I would get the Track Heat.

Hope that helps

Not too make u boys jealous, but I have the kit sitting in my bedroom....I ordered it from summit 2 weeks ago and just need the vavle covers from the kit (which are on backorder and summit keeps changing the date..they are pissing me off) and then Ill put it on.....the kit is an awesome buy:)

Ok, I told a friend about this kit yesterday at work and today he told me that it might not work with a regular stock 302. He thinks that you have to use different pistons with it. I think he is saying that cause in the add they say those results are from a 306 and that, of course, they used a different type of piston to make the kit work. Can anybody confirm this?? Also, if the kit works with a 302, will there be any difference in power compared to a 306? Thanks!