That trickflow kit....

• Sponsors (?)

yea I plan on using the stockers and I know some of teh guys on the board reuse them as long as they are in good condtion.....I am gonan try and put it in as soon as I get my vavle covers...damn summit...they have moved the date back 2 weeks soo far and everyday it moves back more...I dont know what to do:(

To shed a little light on this subject, I have a friend that has this combo on his car. Everything mentioned in the kit minus the Intake, he is running the cobra intake and let me tell you it sounds NASTY. As far as horsepower is concerned, i dont know though, he has yet to get everything broken in and is fighting an idle problem right now. Also this is on a 130k stock shortblock, but ill guess its gonna hit 300hp if not very close on the chassis dyno. One thing though, the valve covers that come with the kit do not have an oil fill hole. Your gonna have to drill.

the stock pistons work with the twisted wedge heads, but any aftermarket pistons that you may buy, have to be ordered for twisted wedge heads. The intake valve is set at a different angle..so the valve depressions on the pistons are in a different location.

my roomate made 315 to the wheels with the same mods as me and only difference being trick flow heads.

I say get the kit

its a great deal.

trick flows are a 170cc runner volume as aposed to the 165 of the afrs.
they outflow the afrs until .600 on the intake...... which doesnt matter, you wont have a .550+ cam...
but of course with the larger runner volume and 2.02 valve might give less velocity... then again, they have a swirl fast burn chamber. Trick flows are a darn good head. and very good with a nice cam.... which will need flycutting

they are just behind the AFRs on the exhaust flow.

get the kit :)

ok this is just my .02. a friend of mine got the track heat kit. on his 2800 lb notchback 93 stang he ran an 11.90 the first time at the track. this kit is well worth the money. i will have the kit in about a month. to all u guys looking for a good deal, go to jdsperformance.com. give them a call and ask for dave. tell him justin in garden city, ks sent you. im getting the whole kit, stage 2 cam upgrade, injectors, tb and egr, maf, fuel pump, clutch quadrant, pistons, ETC. pretty much everythink u need to rebuild a motor for a price that will match and beat any other. he gives great deals and i would definetly go talk to him. i just cant wait until i get mine done and get to the track :flag: