The Airbag Debacle

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
15 Year Member
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
2 of the airbag sensors that mount to the front core support are gone, the harness cut, and dangling nubs of wires are all that exist now. Can I tie the wires together to close the circuit to get the beeping to stop?

• Sponsors (?)

2 of the airbag sensors that mount to the front core support are gone, the harness cut, and dangling nubs of wires are all that exist now. Can I tie the wires together to close the circuit to get the beeping to stop?

Is this why my car is "beeping?" I've always had an intermittent airbag light.. but the last time I went into my instrument cluster I wound up with a beep that lasts a min or two after startup...

How many times it beeps will tell you what the issue is, similar to dumping codes. There is a link I found on veryuseful.com that outlines this but since I am missing big pieces of the system it seems like a moot point.

How many times it beeps will tell you what the issue is, similar to dumping codes. There is a link I found on veryuseful.com that outlines this but since I am missing big pieces of the system it seems like a moot point.

So... maybe the beeper just needs to be removed? Question is, how to locate the little sucker..

Also makes sense, as I believe I removed that bulb because I was tired of looking at it. Had I known the dang thing would start beeping I'd have left the bulb alone..

Boys you can disconnect that thing without taking anything out . I have done it before and no more annoying beep. the thought of a 20+ year old air bag coming out at me at a time where ford almost stopped production because they didnt no how to make a tilt wheel work with air bags scares me a bit.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the light and beeping so I took my bulb out no more light but my car now beeps while driving down the road at random only a couple times then is quite again for several minutes and of course it still beeps after starting the car like it aways has since I've owned it I'm curious how to kill this beeping for good

I had the light and beeping so I took my bulb out no more light but my car now beeps while driving down the road at random only a couple times then is quite again for several minutes and of course it still beeps after starting the car like it aways has since I've owned it I'm curious how to kill this beeping for good
I'll crawl into my dash and post pics of the what-to-do

Reactions: 1 users