The Batmobile will have a new owner come tomorrow

Regretfully, and quite sadly, I am selling the Batmobile tomorrow. I had my second baby in July, and there simply isn't any room in the back for a baby seat and another full size adult in the car.

With the baby seat behind the passenger seat, I'm forced to move the passenger chair almost all the way forward. My wife would then have to sit behind me, forcing me to move my chair forward (I have it all the way to the rear) and making me look like a grandpa driver in the process. Driving like that was very difficult. It was simply a "must do situation."

So, my garage now has 2 sedans, one 335i and now a G35, both 08's. I've only driven the G home from the dealership and then parked it in the garage, but for an automatic (has to be automatic to be used for my work), it is quick. I got the sport model, so it at least has the paddle shifters. I can't say whether or not it's faster than the GT, but it is much more quiet and a much nicer ride. The suspension in the G is "doable," but no where near the Batmobile with all the MM goodies I had installed. The seats in the G are light years ahead of the GT, as is the interior and fit/finish, and the seats are real leather and not some hybrid cow from Mars (as in the GT). I love the HID's too in the G :)

And, NO, I'm not resigning my position as the "Big Cheese" in 4.6 land, so you guys are stuck with me :D

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks. I'm getting sad deeing so many guys on here sell their stangs. You should resign the position and give it to me seeing as how my last name is Cheeseman. I'm not B.S.ing either. Those are some nice replacement rides too. Good luck dude.

View attachment 294242 :D

I'll get another one for sure, one day in the future. I'm thinking of a 90ish notch, full MM suspension with a big n/a aluminum block motor. That should be a lot of fun :) I would not consider buying another new edge unless I plan on F/I from the get go, but that would mean going built motor from the start, which=$$. Too much work, too much money for the resulting gains staying n/a.

With the baby seat behind the passenger seat, I'm forced to move the passenger chair almost all the way forward. My wife would then have to sit behind me, forcing me to move my chair forward (I have it all the way to the rear) and making me look like a grandpa driver in the process. Driving like that was very difficult. It was simply a "must do situation."

And, NO, I'm not resigning my position as the "Big Cheese" in 4.6 land, so you guys are stuck with me :D

Hahaha, my mom asked me what i would do with my car if i ever have kids and i told her i'd throw a carseat in the back and call it a day. She just laughed at me and said my dad refused to put a car seat in his old stang(black 82 four eyed fox gt. Like mine only 20 years older:D). I guess he didn't want people to laugh at him but i don't care about that. Then again i'm on 5'7" so i think i'll have plenty of room:nice:

View attachment 294178 :D

I'll get another one for sure, one day in the future. I'm thinking of a 90ish notch, full MM suspension with a big n/a aluminum block motor. That should be a lot of fun :) I would not consider buying another new edge unless I plan on F/I from the get go, but that would mean going built motor from the start, which=$$. Too much work, too much money for the resulting gains staying n/a.

haha i was kidding, yea get yourself a nice clean fox or an 05+

Wait, you have two sedans and the Stang yet you are selling the Stang because the kids dont fit?
Here is an idea, dont put the kids in the Stang when they need to go somewhere :shrug: You have the family sedans for that :shrug:
Keep the Stang as your toy foy your you time :nice:

Damn Hawaiians and their dumb ideas :nonono:

:D

Wait, you have two sedans and the Stang yet you are selling the Stang because the kids dont fit?
Here is an idea, dont put the kids in the Stang when they need to go somewhere :shrug: You have the family sedans for that :shrug:
Keep the Stang as your toy foy your you time :nice:

Damn Hawaiians and their dumb ideas :nonono:

:D

Excuse me "Mr. Transplant," :D but here's the deal:

I'm a police officer here (haha, you didn't know that did you?), and we work things a little differently here. Once you reach a certain amount of time in the department, you are eligible to use your own vehicle for patrol work. Only certain vehicles fit the criteria (specs such as wheel base, engine size, fuel requirements as well as other things are used as guidelines) to be used for patrol. My 01 Mustang was approved, however the 05's and up aren't. We are given a gas allowance by the city, and must drive a specific amount of mileage on duty per every gallon drawn. There are many other factors involved, but those are the basics.

Hence, my decision to buy a new car. Why not use the "free" gas rather than paying for gas and adding mileage on the 335?

A forward facing baby seat would have been fine, but the little one has to ride facing backward for quite some time.

The car got picked up last night, but it'll be used by a local tuner/shop owner for drag racing. He bought it for his daughter :)

Excuse me "Mr. Transplant," :D but here's the deal:

I'm a police officer here (haha, you didn't know that did you?), and we work things a little differently here. Once you reach a certain amount of time in the department, you are eligible to use your own vehicle for patrol work. Only certain vehicles fit the criteria (specs such as wheel base, engine size, fuel requirements as well as other things are used as guidelines) to be used for patrol. My 01 Mustang was approved, however the 05's and up aren't. We are given a gas allowance by the city, and must drive a specific amount of mileage on duty per every gallon drawn. There are many other factors involved, but those are the basics.

Hence, my decision to buy a new car. Why not use the "free" gas rather than paying for gas and adding mileage on the 335?

A forward facing baby seat would have been fine, but the little one has to ride facing backward for quite some time.

The car got picked up last night, but it'll be used by a local tuner/shop owner for drag racing. He bought it for his daughter :)
I knew you were a cop, I still think you are ok in spite of it :p
I also knew about the personel car thing. I remember seeing Impalla SS all over the place there with the gum balls back in the mid/late 90's. I also remember the problem you guys had with the Durangos and the roll overs.
That being said, I didnt know about the gas/distance thing so that makes some sense :shrug:
Now you are saying that you sold the Stang cause you didnt want to pay for its gas? And its better for the tax payers of Oahu to pay for it instead while they combat already inflated prices on everything else there? :nonono:

JK, I would take advantage of it too. I just woulda kept the Stang as well for a weekend toy :shrug:
Hey, is the strip still closed there? And how is the new super ferry working out?

I remeber you telling me before that you were a peace officer cause I almost blurted out that I lived in Waiawa for a bit..... :doh:

san man,im pming you.i didnt know you were a cop there but i did know about the eligibility to use your own car.im debating trying to get a job as an officer there.maybe you can fill me in on some info.thanks man.