The BlueCoupe, my 90 LX 5.0 pics

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for he replies guys! Ive got some updates on their way hopefully in the next week or two, should hopefully be runnin a little deeper into the 8s if I get my way!!!

As for the cam, i havnt touched the computer!!! It had a funny idle pulse for abot 500 miles or so which went away and occasionally it will sputter under 1500 RPM so I have to keep it above that cruisin but thats about it. Im really liking this cam, sounds great and makes good power, even when the motor was bone stock with nothing more than it and some headers!

Hopefully like I said Ill have some more info soon, the track reopens for good on April 3rd and Im hopin to have it runnin again and deep into the 8's!!!
Matt

Twisted Wedge time!!!

Just a little update, FINALLY topped off my Trick Flow Cam/Intake combo with some early Twisted Wedge heads. Got em from a member here (THANKS!!!) and promptly got to work tearin the motor down yet again. Ran into TONS of trouble, mostly with rocker arms, then finally after a week of slow work the Grace of God came thru last Saturday and everything fell into place and she fired. Still runnin on 19lbers at the moment but Ive got a date with a dyno later this month. Were gonna run 30lbers and a Lightning MAF. Anyways, on to the pics!

Let the teardown BEGIN!!! Were gettin good at this :rlaugh:
TwistedWedge015.jpg

E7s off the car, gettin ready for the Twisted Wedges
TwistedWedge016.jpg

Cant quite see it but the cylinder walls are ppppeeeerfect. Can still see the crosshatching!!! Junkyard motor FTW!!!
TwistedWedge017.jpg

Bye Bye E7s...
TwistedWedge019.jpg

HEELLLOOOOOO Twisted Wedges!!!
TwistedWedge003.jpg

TwistedWedge004.jpg

Gettin there...now the trouble begins. Couple days later and we had the right rockers and pushrods and she rumbled to life.
TwistedWedge022.jpg

Wanted to keep the motor dirty lookin and keep people guessin as to what was goin on under the hood...but I got bored waitin for the rockers and had to mess with some paint. Painted the top black and the bottoms aluminum to match the heads to make the transition less noticable. Then I couldnt help throwin in a bit of a personal touch.
TwistedWedge023.jpg

TwistedWedge034.jpg

All buttoned up and ready to rock!!!
TwistedWedge036.jpg

TwistedWedge037.jpg

Ive sorted out a few little issues since then and nearly lost it all to the Tornado that ripped thru Middle TN. Got done cleanin up the debris today and had a little time to do a litte tweakin and go for a ride. Got lucky guys...God is good!!!

Here are a couple shots of the damage about 100yds from the house. The truck took a pounding with debris and hail but only lost some paint...no worries LOL.
View attachment 262211

View attachment 262212

View attachment 262213

If you look down the road on the right you will see my truck in front of my house...close call!!!

View attachment 262214

All the big debris I cleared from my yard alone, doesnt include all the shingles, insulation and smalled stuff we found all over...what a weekend!!!

View attachment 262215

Thats not the worst of it either...i walked thru hell tryin to find some family friends a couple neighborhoods over from mine...saw damage i never wanna see again, but luckily very very few were injured which is a blessing for sure. Prayers for the folks effected by this storm would be greatly appreciated!!! Itll take some time for things to get back to normal around here.

ANYWAYS

Lemme know what yall think guys!!! Ill def. update when the tune is done and the numbers, no matter how low, come in :D
Matt

Some track times before the tune

Finally got it to the local 1/8th mile this past Fri night. Wanted to try and get some times in before I get it tuned, have a sort of baseline to go off of. Took the sway bar out, bolted up the 10holes and my Mickey Thompsons and off I went.

006.jpg

007-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

008-3.jpg

016.jpg

Went with the cop-car look...kinda dig it actually! Anyways, previous best was 8.65 before the head swap so I was hoping to dip into the 8.4s before I swap out the 19lbers and get a tune. I cracked an 8.54 first run, a couple 8.49s and then my final run I pulled an 8.33 at 84mph with a cruddy 1.90 60ft! I know its slow, but Im excited!!! I beat a couple trailered bracket cars too which felt really good! Still had a trunk full of crap, cruddy launch and its un-tuned so Im hoping that after workin on my driving and gettin it tweaked I might be able to dip into the 7s!!!

Thanks for the support guys, and I look forward to any feedback/tips!!! I wanna break the 7s with this combo and see how far I can get without goin power-adder!
Matt

Finally got it to the local 1/8th mile this past Fri night. Wanted to try and get some times in before I get it tuned, have a sort of baseline to go off of. Took the sway bar out, bolted up the 10holes and my Mickey Thompsons and off I went.

006.jpg

007-2.jpg

005-1.jpg

008-3.jpg

016.jpg

Went with the cop-car look...kinda dig it actually! Anyways, previous best was 8.65 before the head swap so I was hoping to dip into the 8.4s before I swap out the 19lbers and get a tune. I cracked an 8.54 first run, a couple 8.49s and then my final run I pulled an 8.33 at 84mph with a cruddy 1.90 60ft! I know its slow, but Im excited!!! I beat a couple trailered bracket cars too which felt really good! Still had a trunk full of crap, cruddy launch and its un-tuned so Im hoping that after workin on my driving and gettin it tweaked I might be able to dip into the 7s!!!

Thanks for the support guys, and I look forward to any feedback/tips!!! I wanna break the 7s with this combo and see how far I can get without goin power-adder!
Matt

Love the look also... nice job:nice:

Got back to the track this past Firday, wanted to try and trim down my 60fts and see what she had in her before my Tune Monday. Too some weight out for kicks, bolted on the Mickeys and off I went.
004.jpg

003.jpg

001-1.jpg

Got a couple 1.8 60s bringin the RPMs up and dumping the clutch but she kept breakin loose really badly shortley after the 60 mark. I decided to change it up and just roll out of the clutch istead of dumping it. Lined up by myself and had the best run of my life (so far)

018.jpg

Dont mind the reaction time, i staged and loaded up but they wouldnt let it go. Its a pro-tree so when it finally lit it was too late so I just took my time and focused on the launch.

Im happy as crap tho...all on stock injectors, no tune and the stock fuel pump which we replaced tonight with a 255! Im proud! The car gets a much needed tune Monday, cant wait to see what she has in her after that!!!
Matt

Here are a couple shots of the fuel pump swap. Once again, thanks Pate for the help!

Tank out
FuelPump007.jpg

FuelPump009.jpg

BBK 255 Pump.
FuelPump002.jpg

Along with the pump and fuel filter, i changed the tranny fluid, rear gear fluid, put the front sway bar back in and packed the trunk full of tools for the trip up to Owensboro, KY the next day... And to my surprise and GREAT pleasure, the fuel gauge started workin again after takin it out and messin with it again...simple pleasures lol
Matt

Dyno day at Speedy Dyno

Monday mornin Bo and I left Middle TN around 5:45am in search of driveability, safety and if possible, a few more ponies. I knew the 19lbers/stock fuel pressure wouldnt last long so Greg at Speedy invited us out to do a little tweakin. Couldnt have asked for a better trip, GORGEOUS weather, GREAT atmosphere, courteous people and Greg really knew his stuff.

He installed the 30lbers, lightning MAF and new air filter literally the second we got there.

SpeedyDyno001.jpg

SpeedyDyno002.jpg

SpeedyDyno006.jpg

Shortly after he hooked up his computer to the "virgin" A9L and she fired RIGHT up first time and backed onto "Speedy's Lie Detector"

SpeedyDyno003.jpg

SpeedyDyno011.jpg

After setting the timing to 10* base he started tweakin on her. He also took the time to explain and show me every little thing he was doing and the purpose for doing so. Not only did the car get some attention, but I learned more than I ever knew possible. Did a couple quick pulls to check air fuel and then let the power pulls start.

th_3Pass.jpg

After some tweakin, and making sure that it was extremely safe he buttoned it up and rolled it off the dyno.

SpeedyDyno012.jpg

The driveability is MUCH better as is the idle quality and I now know she is as safe as can be so I can flog on it which is what I was after. On the last pull she laid down 262hp at 5100rpm and 286tq at 4500rpm. Bumping the timing any higher made the power fall off so thats where Greg stuck a fork in it and called it done.

DynoGraph262hp286tq.jpg

I was a little bummed at the low numbers at first, but after some research I learned that the SuperFlow dyno is one of the lower reading dynos around. Greg made me realize that a dyno isnt just to tell you peak numbers, rather to get the most out of the entire RPM band and make the car PERFORM to its best.

I dont really care what it puts down just so long as it performs at the track...which Im hoping to see some gains this coming Fri. Guess we'll have to wait and see

Overall Im more than satisfied with the entire experience. The trip was awesome, the weather couldnt have been better and it was a real treat to watch Greg work his magic. He and his crew are all stand-up and I wont hesitate to go back when things need further tweakin!

Matt

Very nice looking notch. Not sure which rims I like better, both look good. Maybe the cobras if they had wider tires on the back. Anyway, looking great!

They have a 275 on the back and thats pushin it as it is. I had to flip the quads and hammer out part of the inner fender for the Mickey Ts (also 275s) to fit! I have my days where i like one or the other, so I have one for the street and the other for the track lol.

Im interested in seein what shes got in her this weekend but the forcast looks a little wet :nonono: I hope not, im itchin to get back on it!
Matt

The front only rubs on full lock turns (needs steering stops) and on hard turns with bumps like my driveway. I rolled the fenders slightly which got rid of most of it. I wish I coulda found a 17x8 front wheel instead of the 17x9 with a 245 but now its all good. When I run without a sway bar it rubs a little more often but not enough to scar the tire.
Matt