The car is finally in the body shop!

robbz28

Sep 23, 2009
Epps, LA
I have been working on my 67 coupe for about 2 years now. After redoing the engine, transmission, suspension, brakes, wiring, interior, steering, wheels, and bolting on a bunch of new body panels...its finally in the body shop! I had to put an ad on craigslist to find a body man that had the time to do cash work. Lucked up and got about 6 replies to that ad. Anyway, found a guy that had a lot of "hot rod" history, lots of pics to check out, and references. If you guys want to take a look and have facebook, I will include a link to the progress (facebook), he is great about adding new pics every couple of days. I just get tickled thinking that in about a month it will finally be finished (as finished as a project gets anyway, you know what I mean

Login | Facebook

Anyway, if you have anything to add, suggestions, comments, I would love to hear, thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I bet you are excited. I was when ours was in the paint shop. You should upload pictures to photobucket or directly to this website to link them to the thread.

TX- They are on facebook at that link on the original post that says "login facebook" The body man is taking the pics and uploading them on his facebook. I dont even have my own facebook, i have to use my wifes...

Mongo- If you see in some of the pics it has an off white color (pebble beige) that's the original color. The car has been painted at least 2 times before, the first time was a really wild turquoise green, then it was painted dark green. Anyway, I said all that to say that I am painting it black, lol.

Well this isn't really his side job, its his only job, lol. He was been out of body work for about the past 10 years and was working at a metal fab shop and got laid off. This is his way of making ends meet until something comes along. But ever since he got my car I have told so many people that he might start getting back full time body work. He has done some amazing stuff according to some pics he showed me, a true blue hot rodder.

TX- They are on facebook at that link on the original post that says "login facebook" The body man is taking the pics and uploading them on his facebook. I dont even have my own facebook, i have to use my wifes...

Rats, I don't use facebook. If you get a chance try to attach or upload one here.

TX- you and my sister-n-law would get along great, she thinks the same thing, im just not a fan of hunter green on any muscle car....thats just me. A truck or SUV sure, but not my little mustang. I am really impressed with this guy for cutting all that rust out instead of just patching it up. He has had the stomach virus the past couple of days, so no news pics lately, but I'll get some more as the week progresses im sure.

when i think of a green 67 mustang i think of that tokyo drift movie, where they gutted that 67 fastback and put a ricer engine in it with that big stupid muffler sticking out the back of it. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for some of those little cars, but putting a *** motor in an american icon...shame shame. Anyway, it ruined green for me on a mustang...

Kyle- Thanks, I hope the new suspension in the front settles a little bit after driving it, I want the front down about another inch. But it does look mean, that's what EVERYONE says, so I guess it must be true, lol. Anyway, I like the way your car sits. What did you do to it to get it like that? My car is stock under the rear, but lowering springs on the front, along with a complete new suspension on the front.