Engine The Car Up To 4000 Rpm

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Luis911, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Luis911

Luis911 Member

to start the car, speeds up to 4000 rpm and I turn it off, I turn it on and running normally, that is failing? :scratch: in the last two weeks this has happened 3 times (Friday failed many times and I could not start the car normally, Saturday and today it worked normal, but I think it will return to fail).
    KOEO 34
    KOER 12, 21
  2. Luis911

Luis911 Member

returned to fail, in the iac valve throttle is the whip, but when starting the car the whip moves back as if he stepped on the gas pedal.

perhaps be the iac valve is stuck?
  3. 95Vert383AOD

95Vert383AOD Active Member

So you're saying the idle revs up on its own? That would be the TPS (throttle position sensor)
  4. Luis911

Luis911 Member

if the tps sensor is damaged, this can cause the car to accelerate too?
  5. mikestang63

mikestang63 Mustang Master

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Luis, run the surging idle checklist by jrichker. It will answer your questions.
  6. 95Vert383AOD

95Vert383AOD Active Member

If it holds that high idle and wont go down unless you turn the car off....then yes. This wouldn't be surging (up and down idling) In the good old days i delivered pizza in a car with a built HCI 306.....I would be at a redlight and the idle would climb high enough for me to do a burnout....lol
  7. jrichker

jrichker StangNet's favorite TOOL SN Certified Technician Founding Member

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D:

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 125,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.
  8. Luis911

Luis911 Member

I was checking "surging idle checklist", but I think my problem is related to "speed control".
    When I start the car, the accelerator pedal and whip move alone, so the rpm rise quickly and I have to turn off the car, removed fuse number 6 of 20 amps, the label says "speed control" and other things, and the start the car has worked well, I do not know if you solved the problem or will fail again.
    I guess some of the "speed control" damage, and this causes it to move the gas pedal, I was seeing that there are 2 whips that reach the throttle body, and one goes to the pedal and the other to any control system speed.
  9. Mustang5L5

Mustang5L5 Car used in adult film "Highway Gangbang-InDaButt" SN Certified Technician Founding Member

Disconnect the cruise control cable and see if the problem stops
  10. Luis911

Luis911 Member

During the day I used the car and has not failed, I have on and off several times and all good, probably the fuse that was removed disabled the "speed control" and / or "cruise control" and how to disconnect the cruise control cable? thanks