"The Chirp"

sgarlic

Founding Member
Apr 21, 2001
Do you guys have with PATS systems have the bird chirp noise when you turn the ignition on?

Every time I bring my car to Ford, and they try to start it, they can't the first time, so I have to explain, "Wait until you hear the 2 bird chirps, then crank it." .. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only one who has this, since you'd think a Ford dealer of all people would be familiar with this.

You guys have it?

• Sponsors (?)

It's not the seatbelt minder.. I turned it off around 5k or so.. no change. It's definately the alarm. I bought it brand new, so it's not an aftermarket thign.

My service log on Ford's site by VIN says it had "Trilock" installed at the factory.

Basically, to start it, I turn the ignition to run, if I turn it any futher, the starter is disabled. I leave it at run, wait until the bird chirps twice, then turn the key to start and it starts. If I just turn the key to ignition, I have about 5 seconds to start it after the bird chirps, and if I don't, then it disables the starter, I have to remove the key, wait til it chirps once, then reinsert the key, repeat process, etc.

Also, once I start it, about 7 or 8 seconds after, I get another beep. I have no idea why.. always done it.

I'll make a video in car tomorrow morning to demonstrate how awesome it is.

svttech76 said:
never heard of this, and i am a serivce tech so i have driven many different gt's. Does it have anything about this in your owners manual

Nope, nothing any different than yours probably is. Mine refers to PATS or Securilock.. but its description doesn't really match what mine does.

The dealership sat me in the car when I bought it and explained how it all works.. automatically disables starter when key is removed, have to wait for the "chickadee chirp" noises before you start it, etc, etc.

Yea I dunno.. like I said, I'll make a video tomorrow and see what you guys think.

Hey that reminds me.. do you guys in the service dept. have a special tool for the lower passenger side exhaust manifold to midpipe nut?

after i start my car..and i hear it from outside i hear two chirp noises coming from in the engine..sounds like a squeaking belt..but it cant be cuz its always one after the other, and only when i just started it

sgarlic said:
Nope, nothing any different than yours probably is. Mine refers to PATS or Securilock.. but its description doesn't really match what mine does.

The dealership sat me in the car when I bought it and explained how it all works.. automatically disables starter when key is removed, have to wait for the "chickadee chirp" noises before you start it, etc, etc.

Yea I dunno.. like I said, I'll make a video tomorrow and see what you guys think.

Hey that reminds me.. do you guys in the service dept. have a special tool for the lower passenger side exhaust manifold to midpipe nut?

Ok this is what i think happend.

I bet your car was ordered by somebody else before you bought it. and the dealer installed that system for him. then he backed out of the deal or somthing.

because that system is NOT factory. that i do know.

4u2nv said:
Curious--do you have the seatbelt Nazi turned on or off?

How do you turn it off? I'm about to go WWII on mine!

My 04 doesn't chirp...it rattles...it squeals from time to time, it even gurgles and howls....but doesn't chirp. Can you find any extra boxes, sirens, etc in the car or under the hood anywhere?

That's the thing.. there's NOTHING that makes it look out of the ordinary. No boxes that I've found yet, etc. There's no siren or anything.. with the exception of disabling the starter like that, and the chirping, there's nothing different than the factory pats system. The panic button honks the horn just like factory system.. there's no proximity alarm or anything weird like that.

Ok, well I take that back. I listened for where the chirp comes from, and found that underneath the knee kick panel thingy (below the steering wheel,) behind the metal plate, there's a box mounted (very securely) to the underside. I can clearly hear the chirp eminating from this box. It's at a very strange angle, one I couldn't get my camera in to, but from what I see it has no markings on it at all.

sgarlic said:
Ok, well I take that back. I listened for where the chirp comes from, and found that underneath the knee kick panel thingy (below the steering wheel,) behind the metal plate, there's a box mounted (very securely) to the underside. I can clearly hear the chirp eminating from this box. It's at a very strange angle, one I couldn't get my camera in to, but from what I see it has no markings on it at all.

thats it. there is your alarm module.