The damn 10-pin connectors...

No.11

10 Year Member
Oct 13, 2009
Los Angeles
I have an intermittent misfire, usually is most noticeable as a series of pops and hesitation between 2k and 3k RPM. Cylinder balance test comes up clean. I also have a frequent code 31 for EVR... not too long ago I cleaned the ten pin connectors and my car ran GREAT for about two weeks. then it went back to the same ol'...

I sprayed everything down with electrical contact cleaner from radioshack. cleaned the female connectors with a small drill bit and scraped the sides of the males with a small screwdriver. Then I cleaned the females with q tips and proceeded to expand the males, contract the females for a tighter connection. The only thing I DIDN'T do was apply dialectric grease at the end. Could this really be the reason for getting these problems back so soon? What besides that can I do to keep it working nice for longer than two weeks? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

The grease is a good measure but I dont think that is your problem. Are they tucked away getting wet? Either way Id recoomend adding grease the next time you take them apart. Do you have the extensions/adapters in the 10 pin connection?

The grease is a good measure but I dont think that is your problem. Are they tucked away getting wet? Either way Id recoomend adding grease the next time you take them apart. Do you have the extensions/adapters in the 10 pin connection?
I just have them sitting off to the side kind of leaning on the EGR, and no extensions. What's the best way to have them mounted without stretching them or letting them hang?

I figure you're talking about the salt and peper connectors? Stock ones have one clip that connects to the bottom of the intake and clips over the top of the manifold, under the top manifold plate.

I figure you're talking about the salt and peper connectors? Stock ones have one clip that connects to the bottom of the intake and clips over the top of the manifold, under the top manifold plate.
had them this way and took them off because I read the cables are too tight with its on there and can cause a faulty connection. gonna try cleaning again and zip tie them somewhere safe.

Since we're on the subject, I will most likely remove the connectors and solder the wires got the best connection. They only served their purpose at the factory since, I think they installed engine, tranny and kmember together and plugged it in.

Did it on my white notch, no issues and makes hiding the wires easier.