the darn white smoke

95 stanger

Jun 1, 2005
Missouri
I installed a Vortech earlier this year. The first time out, I stepped into it a bit and it knocked like crazy so I got back out quickly. Brought it home and it was dropping a cylinder on the driver's side. I backed it back out the next day it here came the white smoke out that side. I took the heads off and it looked like #7 was the problem. While I had the top off I decided to install some Twisted Wedge heads, then put the Performer intake back on. I followed the directions and torqued everything back down, fired it up and the white smoke still started rolling. My question is, Is it possible there is a problem in the lower end, or did I just not getting everything back correctly. Thanks for your help!

• Sponsors (?)

i would start out by doing a compression check to find out where your problem lies, and how long after you started the car once all was put together did you let the car run. did it sound like it was having trouble running. could be that you just had left over antifreeze in the pipes and it was still burning off. just my 2 cents but something to think about. keep us posted.