The Day the Earth Stood Still

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, you regulars, it is up. Anytime someone tells you that you can not make your early model perform without all the big bucks, send them here:

www.historicmustang.com

and have them click on "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

All the money rolled into Daytona and the little old lady supported by the guy that does "shift work" for a living sent everyone packing. Must have been a long ride back to California for the Edelbrocks and also a long ride back up the East Coast of the guys from the Shelby American Automobile Club (SAAC).

Sometimes I feel like "Robin Hood", but heck somebody has got to take care of the common man.

Enjoy those early models!

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

PS...........If you think the "suspension" thread sent them packing, wait till I get up the info on how to wake up that engine with the "cam".

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, Im planning on building a early model fastback track car once I get some $$$ and finish my 73' street car. Few questions, is yours tubed? Is the interior still in there or did you strip it out for racing. And is there any fiberglass on it? I'd like to get something like that.

Thanks,
Jim

Not trying to start anything here Henry, but isn't group 2F a PRODUCTION class (meaning you CAN'T use upgraded components) ?

I'm not disputing that you have run your car at some impressive tracks and done a great job, but isn't this an apples and oranges comparison?

gp001 said:
Not trying to start anything here Henry, but isn't group 2F a PRODUCTION class (meaning you CAN'T use upgraded components) ?

I'm not disputing that you have run your car at some impressive tracks and done a great job, but isn't this an apples and oranges comparison?

:nice:

Thanks guys. The only metal cut on the ole girl are the fender lips and the only tubing is the 6 point cage. Only fiberglass is the Shelby hood.

In road racing all cars that are put in a class (in this case 2F) have like parts. In this race I actually had iron heads on the 289 with 1.90/1.60 valves. Of course an aluminum intake and Holley just as the others were running. As an example the early models that finished 1,2 and 3 overall had upgrades so they were put in a different class and the finishes show these upgrades. The Boss Mustang in second was a $125,000 ride.

When I get the motor information together for you guys it will save some of you a ton of bucks. (Hint: I been running the same short block since I built the car in 1995 and it is all stock Ford parts right off the shelf except for the forged 10.5 to 1 pistons and the well kept secret - the cam!)

Thanks again and go have fun with those Mustangs.

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

That was in the 2000 season. TCP just started nationwide marketing of the products you are so against that same year with features on Hot Rod TV and My Classic Car. How have you done since?

foghorn67 said:
probably because you're just an instigating $#%&*@#.

As much as we may dislike Jay :rlaugh: it is a valid point to ask.

However, TCP was around before 2000. True they were not as heavily known but we have had TCP upper control arms and rack on our coupe since 1998 and if we were using them, you know more 'professional' types had to be since we put it on a measly street car. Do you think there was a large push from the racer community to move to TCP and others after 2000 based on magazine exposure? I have always been under the impression the real racers are in the 'know' long before anything appears in a magazine.

FWIW I run an almost stock suspension on my 65FB with the addition of Roller perches, soon to be boxed lowers, oversized front and rear bars, 620 drop springs, shelby a arm mod etc....and my car performs great....however, while it keeps up with my brothers new 350z on exit ramps just fine at 60-70 (and out accelerates him on the straight aways :nice: ) ....I don't think the same would hold true on curves of 90...or 110....or 120....

HistoricMustang said:
GT2K, I am not sure you want to hear the rest of the story, but I will consider putting it up when you fill the group in on the performance background of your early model and where you have done laps.

HistoricMustang
www.historicmustang.com

If this were cornercarvers.net you would have something to stand on, but it is not (you've already been laughed off there too)... this is not a track only discussion, and besides the guys here that do run laps have already poked holes in your tech.

I'm actually glad you went there... I don't race my car, nor do I claim to know everyone and everything. I came here to share the info I have based on experience of using many of the parts people are actually using or asking about and using them in the nature they intend to use them for... ON THE STREET. You tow your car to the track and put how many miles on it during a season? This is what I'm getting at.. you blast products you have never used and make claims that are in excess of 4+ years old... touting old tech that is superior, yet you continue to see brake lights in your competitions... that's how it is measured for you. Can't put that ruler on the street I guess?

Needless to say I am VERY happy with where my car is and where I am going with it. I am happy to answer questions about products and offer my opinion on products that I don't like or have found unacceptable. I don't have any magazine subscriptions or a Web site that I stroke myself on.

Your attitude sux, you've been lauged off EVERY other forum you have frequented ... knowledge is powerful, the way you share it is even greater. I realize this is your Alamo, the only option left would be to start your own forum ... but this is not my goal, my goal is to get you to sit your arse down and realize it's not your forum and you certainly are not the best source of info in the field so stop beating your chest and acting like it.

A question was asked, following your reply I will return the favor. :rolleyes:

If we see a :lock: so be it... I'm not gaining anything here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.