The Dealer call and said Ford "Pulled"my order!

• Sponsors (?)

dave2k5stang said:
I got a call from the dealer today and he said Ford pulled my order and that I should have my new GT by the middle of January. I ordered it at the Dealer on November 18th!!!

Best X-mas present ever? I THINK SO!!!! :D

What does "pulled" mean? Hate to ask a stupid question, but context suggests this means you get your car earlier than expected? If so, :nice:

Congrats. I got soooooo lucky in that I have a best friend who sells Fords in Huntsville and he stole one from Atlanta and held it for me. Not a small feat, from reading the posts about people's difficulties in getting a hold of a GT. :nice: I have had mine since November. It pays to have a car salesman as a good friend. I say....always drink plenty of whiskey with those who sell you cars. It pays off! :rolleyes:

dave2k5stang said:
I got a call from the dealer today and he said Ford pulled my order and that I should have my new GT by the middle of January. I ordered it at the Dealer on November 18th!!!

Best X-mas present ever? I THINK SO!!!! :D

Did you order with the IUP? Just wondering as this option is suppose to be slowing down production. I ordered late September. Still no progress on my order.

05mealready said:
Did you order with the IUP? Just wondering as this option is suppose to be slowing down production. I ordered late September. Still no progress on my order.

Yes, I ordered it with IUP. :shrug: Don't know what could be keeping your order. I also talked with a friend of mine who works for Ford and she said that the Mustang plant is not opperating 24/7 to produce the Mustangs just like Ford did with the Thunderbird, to keep stock low and demand high. I don't think that that strategy worked to well with the T-Bird.

dave2k5stang said:
Yes, I ordered it with IUP. :shrug: Don't know what could be keeping your order. I also talked with a friend of mine who works for Ford and she said that the Mustang plant is not opperating 24/7 to produce the Mustangs just like Ford did with the Thunderbird, to keep stock low and demand high. I don't think that that strategy worked to well with the T-Bird.

That's ok. The less GTs on the road right now is better for me. I like being unique right now :)

dave2k5stang said:

1. Ford has substantially increased production of the IUP. Ford is now again accepting IUP orders on the V6, so the IUP should not be a significant hold up, especially on a GT.

2. Your friend does not understand how assembly plant scheduling works. The plant cannot be run 24 hours a day. The maximum capacity is 2 x 10 hour production shifts. The remaining 4 hours is for maintanence. Last I heard they were running 2 x 10 hour shifts and working some Saturdays. It is extremely unsual to run a plant 7 days a week.

Even if Ford wanted to go to 7 days production they have to first get suppliers to ramp up production of the parts they supply so there are enough parts around to warrant the extra shifts.

351CJ said:
1. Ford has substantially increased production of the IUP. Ford is now again accepting IUP orders on the V6, so the IUP should not be a significant hold up, especially on a GT.

2. Your friend does not understand how assembly plant scheduling works. The plant cannot be run 24 hours a day. The maximum capacity is 2 x 10 hour production shifts. The remaining 4 hours is for maintanence. Last I heard they were running 2 x 10 hour shifts and working some Saturdays. It is extremely unsual to run a plant 7 days a week.

Even if Ford wanted to go to 7 days production they have to first get suppliers to ramp up production of the parts they supply so there are enough parts around to warrant the extra shifts.

Cool, thanks for the insight. You are correct, she is far removed from the Plant and passes on information to me that she hears, not that she knows as fact.

There was a post sometime back that the cars were produced in such a way that all the cars that were similar were produced on the same day. So Monday might be blue GT Premiums, Tuesday Red V6 Deluxs'.... etc. This would certainly make sense from a manufacturing point of view to have all siimilar cars lined up and done at the one time.

You may have a configuration unique enough that since less people are ordering it, they put it in the queue sooner.

As I have ordered LL GT Premium, maybe I'll get lucky and have mine built the same day (ordered just this week).

PerformanceNut said:
That's exactly why, even being in Nebraska, I didn't want to wait til spring. Mine is only the 2nd Mustang I've seen in Omaha on the road.

Just got back from vacation. Counting Mustangs on a sixteen hour ride gives my kids (and wife) something to do :) We counted a total of six '05s the entire round trip (Columbus OH - Orlando FL). Two were GTs (lime green and torch red) the others were V6s (mostly white - one silver). I thought I'd see a lot of rentals in Orlando but not yet, I guess. On a normal trip we count between 200 to 300 stangs - but that's of any model year. Not scientific, of course, but keeps the kiddies occupied. I was hoping to see more but I guess it's too early.

GT's are scarce here in Central CA

I have noticed here in Central California that there are a lot more V6's for sale than GT's, in fact, the GT's are scarce. I have been doing extensive inventory searches on Fords web site for all dealers from Sacramento, San Francisco to Fresno and the ratio of V6's to GT's is close to 20 to 1. (my non-scientific observation).