The dealership waxed my Mach 1's chin spoiler. How do I get it off?

• Sponsors (?)

PuterAmI said:
Never, never use ArmorAll.

Believe it or not, peanut butter.

WTF? you have to be kidding right?what steps would you take to do this? I know that some people use gojo as tire gel but if you have a good secret for making exterior trim look better and not looking faded then do share :D

manicmustangman said:
I already tried dish soap (was careful not to get it on the paint) and it didn't help. I haven't tried peanut butter but I think I want some evidence that it'd help before I whip out the Jiff :D

Yup the PB is a detailers secret, follow that up with some mothers back to black and it will look better than new.

Well of all the stupid things to work... the peanut butter did it! I felt like a complete idiot applying it but after I washed it off the wax was off of the chin spoiler. It is about to rain outside so I only got part of it done but where the PB was you can clearly see it is cleaner. Thanks PuterAmI! Sorry I doubted you.

9646gt said:
will this help give faded platics like the mirrors a darker color? If so I have plenty of PB at the hosue to play with when I get home!

Try some Mother's Back to Black. The peanut butter just helped to remove the wax. There was still some discoloration and I had to follow it up with the MBtB, like 2k2fourpointsix sugested. Now the spoiler looks prefect!

Try using Tire shine on it, Spray it on a rag then whipe it on, it will last about a week or or so but will make it look like it just came out of he factory, i like black magic cause it smells like cherry, do not get it on your paint though, never get any silicone product on your paint, just asking for trouble. Except a boob job. but then your still asking for trouble.

Peanut butter is the trick. Also any type of greased lightning and a toothbrush do pretty well. Back to Black....sucks. I wont use it for anything, not to mention once wet...it will run down the car and look like faded crap again. Its a band-aid and a really bad one at that. I wax my mirrors, chin spoilers, etc. If you do it from the get go, it will always keep you black plastic looking brand new, no fading, will apply and come off easily, and will look armor all'd with out the greasy substance on it. If you try to do it to something that hasnt been waxed in years, you may be screwed with a black and white piece of plastic.