The difference between good customer service, and poor customer service

Therian

The Highlander
Founding Member
Apr 21, 2002
Waterloo, Ontario
Well, ever since last september I was watching ebay intently...trying to find a good deal on some 10th anniversary cobra calipers. Never found the calipers in the condition I wanted, so I decided to buy them new.

My first thought was to go to buyfordracing.com because they seem to always have the lowest prices on brake related parts. After asking if they shipped to Canada, they replied that they did not, and sent me to blue oval industries.

So I emailed BOI and asked if they shipped USPS to Canada (no one likes UPS brokerage + 'hidden' fees). His reply?

"We use to do Canadians a favor and ship USPS and EVERYONE OF THEM BITCHED and complained because we couldn't give them a tracking number and they would call us everyday wanting to know the status of there order and ask "was it really shipped out" and they ordered from the states before and it didn't take this long. It went on and on. And I am not talking about just a few customers it was well over 150 customers every Canadian that placed an order. Why do you favors if you just bitch and complain about them. Now you can pay the high prices and get a tracking number and we don't have to have you call every day wanting to know where your package is. "

needless to say...I was unimpressed. I promptly called StangSuspension.com, and Josh was more than helpful in accommodating my needs.

In the end, I was willing to pay a bit more for the better service. I must say that MAC and Maximum Motorsports have always been very helpful and gracious also. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that guy from BOI sounds like a dick.

I have ordered a couple of things from Stang Suspension, and I currently have some 17" 03 cobra wheels on backorder. Josh got in touch with me right away after I put in the order to let me know, and see if I still wanted to keep the order.
They are on my list of places with good service that I will order from.

I have realized as I get a little older, customer service means a lot more to me than finding the cheapest price.

And here I just gave BOI a second chance and was impressed.

You should be very happy BuyFordRacing didn't try to ship to Canada for you. You DON'T want to talk to those people... their customer service is the worst I've dealt with.

I dealt with John at BOI when I was in Afghanistan, and for a while afterwords

his first words to me were identical to yours, about the bitching and complaining...however, I went through with it and got parts delivered anyway from them...

BUT......BOI has screwed up all but 1 of my purchases, and it got down to a point where I had to chase him down through emails and phonecalls before he'd fix the problems....

If you live close by, it'd be a great place to buy from....from here....god no, never again

Wow, he was the nicest guy when I got my headlights and corners way back when. Being in the business I can understand telling something like you see it or a certian genre being frustrating, but wow that was harsh and could have been said in a nicer more simple way like "Sorry, we do not ship USPS to Canada." Not like you were harping on it. That's also the first nice thing I've seen said about MAC, of course I haven't had any MAC parts on my car for a few years so they may have changed. Glad you found someone to accomidate your needs.