the FOXFAN BEAST IS MOTORLESS!!!!!

I doubt youll be seing 12's anytime soon. Im saying Low 13's at best.. Next time think before you rush into pulling a motor out someone could of been seriously hurt or killed if it fell on them..

• Sponsors (?)

i got the cam in a deal while back for 75$, pretty cheap. i got a cam now that i want to use. Its not that i am cheaping out, i want to use it! i was looking for a decent cam like the B or E and i found it!

i would rather see for myself how the B-cam will run, rather than alot of people than havent ran b-cam at all, tell me what cam to run.

some when someone asks about the b-cam i can tell then FROM EXPERIENCE. not just the belief....

i have done my research and i am highly optimistic of 12s. I can trap 99 mph, and mob has trapped the same, he runs a 13.5 with a 1.8

my best 60' is 1.9 so there is room to improve there for sure. and with my car capable of 13.5s i am a lick away from the low 13 you guys say i will get.

i will run a 275/50 hoosier quicktime drag radial...

If i can make my car go from a 16.8 to a 13.9, i am sure i can make it runs 12s :nice:

90mustangGT said:
Let me add... even though I bashed a little on the B cam, I had one,and had better drivability with it than a buddy did with a TFS1. I'll say I lost more below 4000rpm than it made up for over 4000rpm, but unlike my buddy's TFS, when it got low on RPM it didn't chug, it would just feel real weak. I think there were other factors in that though.

My stage 1 rips from idle to 6000rpm, so does 2 other cars I know. I wonder if the people who say the stage 1 loses tq have a mis-match combo?

I have to agree with Mustang5L5, TFS stage 1 > B303. And Foxfan88, I speak from experience.

Tonys89GT said:
So I guess that guy dont know how to drive? Or has 2.73's or something? Because you sure arent making that kind of power.

Im much lighter than he is. Sn95's are heavy, he has no weight reduction on top of that and 17 inch wheels, I have 15 inch wheels, aluminum heads, no ac no smog no spare and more agressive gearing than him. (4.10s + road race spec TKO600)

Its not always about who has more horsepower.....

edit he has 3.73's, stock t-5 trans. Hes making 364rwhp through a stock cobra motor with the vortech @ 6 or 9lbs I belive.

90mustangGT said:
Let me add... even though I bashed a little on the B cam, I had one,and had better drivability with it than a buddy did with a TFS1. I'll say I lost more below 4000rpm than it made up for over 4000rpm, but unlike my buddy's TFS, when it got low on RPM it didn't chug, it would just feel real weak. I think there were other factors in that though.

I can drive my TFS1 around in 4th gear @ 1300 rpms if I want. When Im trying to be quiet around town, I shift @ 1500rpms.

Curse said:
My stage 1 rips from idle to 6000rpm, so does 2 other cars I know. I wonder if the people who say the stage 1 loses tq have a mis-match combo?

I have to agree with Mustang5L5, TFS stage 1 > B303. And Foxfan88, I speak from experience.

I agree, but I wouldnt say it "rips" from idle to 6k, it definitally moves from idle to 6k, but it rips from 3 or 4k to 6k. The thing is perfectly driveable under 2k rpms with 4.10s.

Curse said:

I never said the B-cam was better than the stage 1, we all know it is, better specs and dual pattern favoring exhaust side, everything a N/A 302 could ask for, espcially a stock headed car. But i already have the B-cam in my engine and its almost done.. I got it for cheap and i am not going to spend the cash for a new Cam for the minimal gains, sure it would perform a bit, but i dont think it would be worth it.

Its good u can speak from expierence. I am using it bc i got it cheap, i was wanting a good decent cheap cam and lately, i am glad i am using it, i want to see for myself how the cam performs, bc i refuse to believe that the alphabet cams are worthless. The way people talk about them, is like they will make your car a total dog and run 20s or something.

Sure the B-cam and other ford cams are old grinds and arent the newest technology. But if they were THAT bad, we wouldnt still be arguing about them 15 years after they came out. they would be sitting collecting dust.

There are loads of better cams out the of course, but for my application and what i payed for the cam. I think the B cam is right at home for my combo.

Aliate X said:
I agree, but I wouldnt say it "rips" from idle to 6k, it definitally moves from idle to 6k, but it rips from 3 or 4k to 6k. The thing is perfectly driveable under 2k rpms with 4.10s.

On my combo it rips. With my car idling(700rpms) I can instantly incinerate my 245s. I agree at 3,000 it kicks in hard, but this combo pulls just as hard down low as my ported E7/stock cam combo did.

Just get a custom cam and be done with it, Thats what im doing when it comes time to replace my bcam :)

But for now while im broke, i'll show you guys the Bcam is a VERY strong cam, and will break 12's with my budget combo.

Foxfan why arent there any pics yet?! And I do believe you will break 12's with slicks.

mob said:
Just get a custom cam and be done with it, Thats what im doing when it comes time to replace my bcam :)

But for now while im broke, i'll show you guys the Bcam is a VERY strong cam, and will break 12's with my budget combo.

Foxfan why arent there any pics yet?! And I do believe you will break 12's with slicks.
agreed, i 2nd the pics and the 12's!

mob said:

Wow you must live in the world where money grows on trees. Getting a custom cam is the best choice, but my TFS 1 cam was $130 as opposed to $350 for a custom cam. Plus time was not on my side, I didn't want to wait weeks to get my cam.

I am not bashing the B-cam, but like everyone has already said. There are a lot better choices out there now, not only for power but for drivability as well.

Curse said:
Wow you must live in the world where money grows on trees. Getting a custom cam is the best choice, but my TFS 1 cam was $130 as opposed to $350 for a custom cam. Plus time was not on my side, I didn't want to wait weeks to get my cam.

I am not bashing the B-cam, but like everyone has already said. There are a lot better choices out there now, not only for power but for drivability as well.

I do not have tons of money, or else I would have had a completley built engine by now. BUT if I can spend, 290 bucks on a nice set of gt40 heads, I can spend 350 bucks on a custom cam, that will act as a foundation for my motor, and will give me greater gains then the gt40 heads ever would. $350 for a cam is pretty expensive compared to some of the $150 off the shelf cams, but compared to the money your spending on some other the other parts in your car, $350 is a pretty damn good price to set your car up with exactly what you want, with a good foundation, and somewhere to grow from. You can get a pretty decent cam off the shelf, but not every combo is the same, and not everyone is looking for the same thing out of each cam. Maybe in a year or so, after my Bcam has done its job, and I have saved up money, I will be getting a custom cam, and it is worth it.

Though I do understand the $130 off the shelf cam, was all you needed and it did perfect for you, but some people focus more on certain parts, more then others.

I agree though about the Bcam, its not the best cam, it chugs around at low rpms, but it pulls hard, I know itll get me into the 12's with my budget hci, and its my daily driver and I still get 17mpg.