THE FUNNY AND THE WEIRD THINGS WE DO THAT LET US KNOW YOU LOVE YOUR CAR...

I do just about every thing that was said here. I only wash my car at least once a week but I definitely dust it every day. One day when I was washing my car, I dropped my sponge and when I went to pick it up, I saw that the underside of my car was dirty. So I pulled out my jack and stands and went to work on the bottom of my car. That one really got the neighbors looking at me like I was wierd. :stick:

• Sponsors (?)

I drive my car about 10k miles a year, rain or shine. I even drive it in the winter except when it snows (cant afford 17 in. snow tires :( ). Thats right my car gets road salt all the time. Also, I smoke cigaretts and cigars in my car. I have misc tools lying around in there. I got into a fender bender last year (in may) and I finally got a new passenger side mirror (installing it as we speak), until now there was just the power window wire hanging from the side of the car. Also, the fender there is dented and has chipped paint down to the bare metal (suprisingly it hasnt rusted in over a year, even with all the road salt) I will fix that eventually. Not to mention all the scratches on the door and rear fender from the accident. Oh and my fog lites are busted and the bumper and hood are really chipped from all the highway driving. I have given up on my paint, I dont wax it anymore. I wash it when I have time. Look at all you suckers wasting all that time on your cars :rlaugh: :lol: j/k. Of course when I get the body work and paint done I'll be sleeping in the garage w/ a shotgun next to me...whenver that will be :rolleyes: . You guyz need to chill out and not worry so much about stuff. It's just a car...

P/S...I know I'm gonna get a lot of flames for the last comment.

ALL GO NO SHOW BABY.... :nice:

Well, I spend entirely too much money on gas because I love to drive my car. I haven't recharged my a/c yet since I rebuilt my motor and I still love to drive my car....actually i love to drive it even more because its a lot faster now :D Another thing that lets me know I love my car. I have been wanting to buy a gun since I made 21(I like target shooting), but I also buoght my first mustang a month after I made 21. Do you realize what $500+ can buy for a mustang???? Needless to say, I'm 27 and still want a gun. Maybe I'll get it after I get my nitrous kit and a paint job.......well, maybe after I get my 331 shortblock. You see what I'm talking about?

go-stang5.0 said:
I drive my car about 10k miles a year, rain or shine. I even drive it in the winter except when it snows (cant afford 17 in. snow tires :( ). Thats right my car gets road salt all the time. Also, I smoke cigaretts and cigars in my car. I have misc tools lying around in there. I got into a fender bender last year (in may) and I finally got a new passenger side mirror (installing it as we speak), until now there was just the power window wire hanging from the side of the car. Also, the fender there is dented and has chipped paint down to the bare metal (suprisingly it hasnt rusted in over a year, even with all the road salt) I will fix that eventually. Not to mention all the scratches on the door and rear fender from the accident. Oh and my fog lites are busted and the bumper and hood are really chipped from all the highway driving. I have given up on my paint, I dont wax it anymore. I wash it when I have time. Look at all you suckers wasting all that time on your cars :rlaugh: :lol: j/k. Of course when I get the body work and paint done I'll be sleeping in the garage w/ a shotgun next to me...whenver that will be :rolleyes: . You guyz need to chill out and not worry so much about stuff. It's just a car...

P/S...I know I'm gonna get a lot of flames for the last comment.

ALL GO NO SHOW BABY.... :nice:

Wow, I would never let my car get like that. Even if it is a machine, I still love it. I prefer to stay away from terms such as "Rustang", even though your car isn't showing any rust, it will be there. But I guess the important thing is the engine, since you can transfer that to other cars.

h0oligan said:
After parking in the "boonies", ever walk backwards to look at your car? If that seems weird, I've never done it... :D

Doesnt seem wierd to me. When I wash/wax my car I walk backwards for at least 20 yards admiring it. Then if I notice something like a water spot on the fender or a bug on the windshield I quickly run back to it, pop the trunk and take out my towel and mother's detail spray. My GF seems to think I am obessed. So I think I'll show her this thread. :nice:

1. Well I have the same kind of weather forecasting with my car. I'll wash it and wax it and keep on cleaning everything off with my microfiber towel until my whole arm hurts, (both). Then I'll go to work or back inside and sure enough, it will f***ing rain later that day. So then I'll wait 3 days with no rain and try again, even with a %10 chance of rain but the rain will still find my car. :mad: :mad:

2. I also park a minimum of 3 spots away from the nearest vehicle when i can.

3. I have no problem shelling out $250 or more for a new performance part, yet i'll ask my parents or friends to borrow a few bucks for a soda when i have like $50 in my wallet. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

4. My parents complain i pay more attention to my car than i do them...or something like that i think they said..... :shrug:

5. When it's a hot sunny day I'll go to great extents to avoid a puddle splash that will dry and leave water spots. (I once passed a car on the service lane of a highway to avoid splashage :( )

6. I get really pi**ed off when i discover a new paint chip, so i punch a wall or the ground constructively.

7. If my car needs to be moved to the front of my driveway to make room for some basketball, i put it in neutral and push it to avoid the extra wear and tear of starting it, plus i save gas.

I'll stop for now.

Every time I go near the garage door, I can just smell the rubber from the M/T slicks. It makes me giggle, and then I open the door,and I am greeted by the sight of my stang which I adore so much, and spend x-amount of dollars on constantly, just so she can stay ahead of the pack.............Thats a sickness :puke: That's how I know I love my car :p

if you wanna piss off your gf next time she asks you who you love more..........say "well, the car has been giving me more rides than you lately, so........." I said that one once to my fiance, and lets just say the car was the only girl letting me touch her for a while......

Cobracanuck said:
if you wanna piss off your gf next time she asks you who you love more..........say "well, the car has been giving me more rides than you lately, so........." I said that one once to my fiance, and lets just say the car was the only girl letting me touch her for a while......

:rlaugh: I'll remember that one...

Hey JB, oddly enough the entire car is rust free except for a pin head sized spot on the roof, which I have prevented from getting any worse (and it hasnt). Even my undercarrage is pretty much spotless except the catback, its beginning to show some rust around the welds but what non stainless catback doesnt. Oh and I smoke and stuff inside but I febreeze and the interior is spotless most of the time and the leather (passenger side and rear seat, I dont have leather just a cloth racing seat) is in amazing shape. If I can see it and it looks nasty it bothers me so my interior is clean. But as long as I dont have to stare at something for long periods of time, it doesnt bother me and I dont care what other people think.