The Great "Opinion on these wheels" thread LOL

85_SS_302_Coupe

it sucks (I know) to be on the receiving end
15 Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Northern KY
I never thought i'd be making one of these stupid threads since at any given time there's already about 30 too many, but i'm possibly getting this set of wheels and i figured why not? They're ROH ZR6's, 17x8.5 all around

Right now i'm running Welds...which are awesome but not really what i want for my car:

626821_127_full.jpg

And here's a quick PS edit of the wheels, as cut from a pic of the other guy's car:

626821_126_full.jpg

They look really big compared to the Welds but i think the proportion is pretty close to what 17s will really fit like on my car. I've had Cobra R's on it for about 1 day and it looked just like this.

So lets hear it....i'm not really interested in a "i think you should go with these wheels...." kind of deal because i'm not shopping for new ones, i'm just probably getting a deal on these particular wheels.

• Sponsors (?)

I've always liked those ROH's. No offense man, but shouldn't you be shopping for a paint job first?

Man if i had a nickel for every time i've heard that, i could afford to pay Chip Foose to paint my car for me :rlaugh:

I'm not buying the ROHs, i'm getting them in a trade for some other junk. I've got some more body work to do this winter and then paint is hopefully coming next summer.

Well the welds make it look like a american bad a$$ "MAD MAX" and the roh's look good but probaly better with paint also if your willing to travel to Indiana my paint guy can do your car real cheap he's hurting for money :nonono: I know it's wrong but kids gotta eat and I need to bling bling...LOL I'm sorry....I need to go to church

also look what I'm doing can you say matching pair? You might want to look into this..:nice: Stay tuned.....

006.jpg

View attachment 412391

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Picture005.jpg
    Picture005.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 57
wheel would look good if u spray the car a light color but if ya do happen to get em and spray the car a dark color it migh look totally diff. i would use em if i had em and afterwards sell em after paint. paint makes a big choice in where type and color but maybe its just me.:shrug:

On your car, i like the ROHs better than the welds. I think its because you car has alot of straight lines on it. The welds look good on aero nose cars because they have more curves. i think a wheel like that roh would look better because of the straight lines of the spokes.

On your car, i like the ROHs better than the welds. I think its because you car has alot of straight lines on it. The welds look good on aero nose cars because they have more curves. i think a wheel like that roh would look better because of the straight lines of the spokes.

That's sort of what i was thinking....i'd love to get a good deal on some Snypers but i'm not paying $250 a wheel for'em.

Trust me guys i'm the last person on this forum who is going to let opinions sway my decision on anything....hell just look at my car...lol. It's cool to get opinions...that's sort of why people put their car in car shows, ya know? This is sort of like a little online car show.