the H or X debate

^ I do agree, the old hotrodders do get set in their ways. But I do think that they few who tried them didnt like the (sound, loss of torque maybe, ect) and that just fueled the fire lol. Once they start getting togethor with both disslikes and the fact that they liked their exhaust...they just decided that Xs suck HAHA.
But i did convince my dad to love the Xs :nice: . Hes going with one on his falcon when the time comes.

And as a side note, I felt ZERO loss of lowend torque (about even below 1500) when I replaced my stock H with my O/R X...in fact it gained nearly everywhere. SO I guess it really dpends on the car. And on a dyno it may not show any loss since most dont pull down to 1500 or less. But thats my experiance...Xs ROCK!

• Sponsors (?)

hotmustang331 said:
^ I do agree, the old hotrodders do get set in their ways. But I do think that they few who tried them didnt like the (sound, loss of torque maybe, ect) and that just fueled the fire lol. Once they start getting togethor with both disslikes and the fact that they liked their exhaust...they just decided that Xs suck HAHA.
But i did convince my dad to love the Xs :nice: . Hes going with one on his falcon when the time comes.

And as a side note, I felt ZERO loss of lowend torque (about even below 1500) when I replaced my stock H with my O/R X...in fact it gained nearly everywhere. SO I guess it really dpends on the car. And on a dyno it may not show any loss since most dont pull down to 1500 or less. But thats my experiance...Xs ROCK!

I agree with you completely- :cheers:

oh well, i think its more of a preference more than anything, the gains either way are minimal

btw gnn60gt, the dynomax mufflers are straight through mufflers as well, ive heard people say they are designed very similar (if not the same) to magnaflows, do you know if they are in fact comparebly the same mufflers or are their significant design differences between the two?

deftsound said:
btw gnn60gt, the dynomax mufflers are straight through mufflers as well, ive heard people say they are designed very similar (if not the same) to magnaflows, do you know if they are in fact comparebly the same mufflers or are their significant design differences between the two?

They are very comparable mufflers-

Here are the design differences between the two-

DynoMax UltraFlow on the Offset/Offset muffler uses on piece of pipe coming into each end of the muffler, then they slash cut a third piece and put it inside the muffler between the two pieces coming in on either side and weld it-

so there are three seperate pieces of pipes with two places welded internally-

Magnaflow uses a single piece of pipe which is mandrel bent inside the muffler so there are no welds and smooth bends-

The other difference is packing- the Ultraflows will be louder then the standard Magnaflow-

They use a CRF (continuously roving fiber) which is in essence a form of angle hair fiberglass-

We use an Italian Rockwool, which is more expensive, however it aborbs sound much better making our mufflers quieter inside the vehicle-

Both the UltraFlow and Magnaflow are a fully welded muffler, both are stainless, and I believe the UltraFlow also comes with a life time warranty-

Those are the differences between the two-

Thanks
Brent

cool thanks, i always thought that the magnaflows would be louder but i guess i was wrong. When i first got my dynomax's welded in they were really quiet, it took the offroad pipe to really waken them up.

Pro-chamber may not be the best comparison. MRT H-pipe is a true H with no chamber. I love it, excellent quality. Weighs 10lbs less than stock piece. Guy on here has a website (url at work) dyno'd 9rwhp for just the catted MRT H. The rumble you hear when going under a bridge puts a smile on my face every time :D

white-04 said:
Pro-chamber may not be the best comparison. MRT H-pipe is a true H with no chamber. I love it, excellent quality. Weighs 10lbs less than stock piece. Guy on here has a website (url at work) dyno'd 9rwhp for just the catted MRT H. The rumble you hear when going under a bridge puts a smile on my face every time :D
Wow, that just gives me even more options for a midpipe. So many choices, I can't decide.

I really liked the sound of the non catted H pipe with Flowmaster 2 chambers (what I was looking for) but had to go with the Bassani catted X due to ''very noticeable"' low end torque improvement (back pressure). The H felt like I was dragging an anchor. Wondering if a catted H would have given me the sound back and the low end torque of the catted X.

cobrahissss said:
I really liked the sound of the non catted H pipe with Flowmaster 2 chambers (what I was looking for) but had to go with the Bassani catted X due to ''very noticeable"' low end torque improvement (back pressure). The H felt like I was dragging an anchor. Wondering if a catted H would have given me the sound back and the low end torque of the catted X.

I think you made the right move to a catted x