the H or X debate

Not to high-jack the thread, but a CATTED H starts and ends where on our exhaust (on a 97GT)? Does it eliminate a few of the rediculous amounts of catalytic converters we have on there? I've tried to search for how to install them, in order to find out where they fit in, but I'm not having much luck.

• Sponsors (?)

Wes8398 said:
Not to high-jack the thread, but a CATTED H starts and ends where on our exhaust (on a 97GT)? Does it eliminate a few of the rediculous amounts of catalytic converters we have on there? I've tried to search for how to install them, in order to find out where they fit in, but I'm not having much luck.

it bolts right at teh exhaust manifold and ends after the H set-up, and you will be replacing the stock mid pipe which has 4 cats some might have 6 from what i have heard

Been listening to alot of sound clips and the O/R H with Flow master 40's is the way im pretty sure im going to go unless someone can post a CLip of the UPR X pipe. The x's just sound too nascarish or like some foreign super car not deep and burbly like a good American muscle car.

Can anyone tell me where a CATTED x or h pipe bolts up? From looking at pics of them, I can't tell if they're a direct bolt-on to the stock manifold and rear flange, if modifications are needed, or if they're built to fit in there only when you have headers installed....? Any help? I didn't wanna start a new thread for a quickly answered question, so my apologies for a little off topic.

5spd GT said:
Wes - It is a direct fit...just like the "offroad pipes"...
So they'll bolt up to a stock exhaust then? I'm sure the diameter of pipe is larger, so I thought maybe that would mean some modification would be in order... Do they just bolt up from flange to flange?
And a catted H/X has how many cats? 2? I can't imagine it having the stock 6...

They bolt-up flange to flange...the "performance" pipe is a bit larger in diameter. It will bolt-up just fine. No leaks, no problems.

I think they have 2 cats...