Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

I guess I should tell yall that I'm not all sensitive about it lol. I was born without my right hand, so I've never known any other way. I work on my own junk, weld, paint, bend tube, hunt, fish, and drive a 5spd lol. So feel free to crack all the jokes you want to. Just don't ask me to shuffle cards.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
  • Sponsors (?)

image.jpeg

*Looks around for site Dumb as F award*

If/when @dr hook becomes an official member, I may set it up so that he can bestow this honor among worthy applicants. :lol:

Edit: Still not as good as the member who beat his own ass with a garden hose after getting it caught in a spinning mixing barrel. :rlaugh:

Even knowing how it happened makes you go: :scratch:

Reactions: 4 users
Noobz347 said:
Edit: Still not as good as the member who beat his own ass with a garden hose after getting it caught in a spinning mixing barrel. :rlaugh:

Even knowing how it happened makes you go: :scratch:

I vaguely remember that, but don't recall which member it was. The pics looked terrible- I do remember that..

Was it @5.0Droptop ?

So...

Allen kinda gigged me for an update yesterday for good reason. A few days ago, a car popped up for sale in roller form. It was a "black" 87 coupe. It had a lengthy description of the condition of the car; interior status, suspension status, paint status, etc. It had 2 pictures posted of the exterior that were hard to see. The poster said he had trouble posting pictures but would try again later.

I ask around and a few buddies say, "OH, that's ______'s old car. It's a very nice car and has a lot of nice parts on it.

For me, based on the description, this was going to be a very nice upgrade over the condition of my current roller on all fronts. Paint, interior, suspension, etc.

...all for the low price of $2500! He was selling it under the guise of "it's at my parent's house and has been for a few years. It needs to go."

So I get all wound up as I do. List my roller for $2500 (like a complete idiot) get a buyer ready to the point that he wanted it NOW so I had to hold him off.

Yesterday, I finally had a break long enough to get over to see it. Boy, did this guy miss the mark.

1) the paint is technically black. However, it has a heavy blue pearl over it with a purple metal flake. It's also very scratched up. (read: impossible to fix easily.)
2) the interior is MOLDED from sitting so long in an unconditioned space.
3) The passenger side floor board is GONE. As in rust set in and was a worst case scenario where there was nothing left whatsoever.

Sigh. The guy's dad tells me that his son bought the car sight unseen and it was delivered to his house. WTF? The son is attempting to sell a car he bought, has never seen, and is miles off on his description.

All I could do was politely decline and excuse myself. What a waste of a potentially nice car.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad you didn't sell your car. Not saying a super clean black coupe or something else couldn't be better, but you've put so much work into this one that you'd have lost a lot selling it for that price.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm about to hit the 'buy' button on the shopping cart that's been full for a month on Summit's site. I got paid for the MS build, but wife is still gonna give me grief, methinks.

If you don't hear from me for a while, look for a shallow grave behind my garage. It won't be deep as she's not much on manual labor. :D

Reactions: 7 users
- Fuel fittings to finish the fuel system
- Fuel pressure gauge
- spacer for the elbow
- plug wires
- Also ordered a distributor from Rock Auto.

I still need a few more things but I need to make a list of what. Need a coupling for charge pipe to throttle body and some other random schtuff.

Reactions: 1 users