Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_7018.JPG

Last one on the ground for a little while.

Reactions: 4 users
I am bored at work and was messing around in TunerStudio. Forgot about the 3D maps - opened them up and saw a few HUGE spikes and valleys at the same RPMs I was having trouble in. I smoothed them out some and will go drive it after I see if my wideband is trash or not.

Reactions: 5 users
Put it on ...start the car and let it bake. Just an idea..that turbo has to hotter than 140 degrees.[emoji106]

Reactions: 1 user
I got my Cervini 2.5" hood today. The instructions say not to do anything with it before I bake it for an hour at 140 degrees.

:scratch:
They want you to do that because of the mould release agent used when making the hood. It makes the part not stick to mould.

Baking the part "releases" the crap from the part. Once it's baked it needs to be cleaned with soap and water to wash the stuff off.

Too bad you waited so late in the year to buy it. Back in August you could have just wrapped it in a black tarp and laid it in your driveway..

Reactions: 1 users
They want you to do that because of the mould release agent used when making the hood. It makes the part not stick to mould.

Baking the part "releases" the crap from the part. Once it's baked it needs to be cleaned with soap and water to wash the stuff off.
You'd think that the guy making the part would've done the baking of the part. I'd be pis sed if I bought something that big that told me it needed to be baked first.

Slam them btchs for doing such dumb sht.