Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

Well, I just dropped an easy Benji at Late Model. Went for a can of trim paint. :nonono:

I've done some more wheeling and dealing and have made some great progress in the restoration aspect of this car. Again, not much to post pics of, but this coming weekend will net some very cool things that i stumbled upon which are hard to come by on a coupe.

Also, the stereo addition has been fantastic. Did some tuning and tweaking last night and found out I need a new sub box, but it still blows the vintage 25 year old radio out of the water, especially since I can jam pandora now instead of suffering through the garbage they call Houston radio.

I've also still got the 351 in the corner. After getting a handful of ludicrous offers, I'm keeping it. For what? I have no idea. Might find it's way into the fox, might just wait and see where time takes it.

Anyway, here's a teaser shot.
quarter windows.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Yesterday I mentioned keeping the 351.....

....I've been eyeballing this set of BNIB .030 forged W pistons for a while now that the guy couldn't sell, so I lobbed an offer at him last night that he accepted. Ordinarily, I HATE when people do that to me, but the ad said "obo" and they were not getting any action, so now I have some new pistons for the low price of $250 to my door. I'd call that a win.

While my wife has shot down my coyote dreams for a while, she did agree to working a car fund into the budget. It will be in the form of monthly payments to the machine shop. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Standard stroke. Keeping it easy and mild, somewhere in the neighborhood of 450 hp. Don't want to lose sight of why I bought this car, which is to keep it street friendly with all possible creature comforts to cruise. We all know what happens when I take big bites out of projects, too.

my buddies 357 Vic jrs downs box gt40. lower with a 70 mm snail is about to go 8.99 I think you will have a blast with this thing

.030 351 with a gt40 intake, downs box upper, edelbrock heads and a 70mm turbo.

I'm gonna stay N/A on this one for now.
I was abbreviating a lot but you knew what I meant , I was just stating that it would be potent If you got wild later on. 16 hours yesterday at work . not much sleep here now again lol . I am tired @Noobz347 hoopty got what I meant lol

.030 351 with a gt40 intake, downs box upper, edelbrock heads and a 70mm turbo.

I'm gonna stay N/A on this one for now.

I tried to find an animated gif of marble mouth but two things happened:

1: I did not find an animated gif of someone with a mouth full of marbles.
b) What did pop up will prevent me from trying to find said pic in the future.

Reactions: 3 users
I tried to find an animated gif of marble mouth but two things happened:

1: I did not find an animated gif of someone with a mouth full of marbles.
b) What did pop up will prevent me from trying to find said pic in the future.

Reminds me of the time you googled grape smuggler...

But..........I thought he sold the car. I thought he was gonna cave into the mindless void, and buy some S/C'd latemodel belly button so he can be even more "just like".

I'm so confused.......:confused:
This is what happens when you start watching some series like Breaking Bad, and even try to let one episode slip by without watching.

Catch me up on the cyber DVR........why didn't you sell the car to dude that you made the deal with 14 episodes ago?
You know the one, ....The one where I confuse a S/C'd 4V "Coyote" w/ a 4V "Termi".

Last edited:
But..........I thought he sold the car. I thought he was gonna cave into the mindless void, and buy some S/C'd latemodel belly button so he can be even more "just like".

I'm so confused.......:confused:
This is what happens when you start watching some series like Breaking Bad, and even try to let one episode slip by without watching.

Catch me up on the cyber DVR........why didn't you sell the car to dude that you made the deal with 14 episodes ago?
You know the one, ....The one where I confuse a S/C'd 4V "Coyote" w/ a 4V "Termi".

The deal is still on, but neither he nor I are financially capable of following through right now for a laundry list of reasons, so it will not leave my ownership until later this year. Think of it as an arranged marriage and the kids are still too young; technically this is true... He's buying it for his son, but the son has to hold up his end of the deal and contribute a certain dollar amount, which he doesn't have yet. I am not financially able to purchase a car yet (according to my wife who doesn't pay attention to our finances). But I made a promise to pay off the wedding loan and her car before I get a new vehicle. only ~$6k to go...

So we wait.

And in the mean time, I'm playing with a 351. It may find it's way into the car, sit on a stand for a while, or find it's way into another project since I can't seem to live without something to dump money into.

There's always the possibility that we can't agree on the price. I don't plan on letting it go for under $7k (w/o the 351w), so we will see how the negotiations turn out. If I put the W in and decide I can't part with it, then that could happen too.

Cliif notes: A lot could happen, but nothing until later this year.

This weekend was a bust for the most part. I installed a new window motor in the pass. door friday and started restoring the drip edge trim on the roof to match my BEAUTIFUL new quarter windows I traded for. I snapped a few progression pics as I went, but the progress was very, very slow. I spray about a dozen coats of primer, sanding with 500 grit every 3 coats or so. Still not anywhere near done, but it looks much, much better.

Here is what I started with, followed by some progress and then the new quarters.

LDJhrq.jpg

Mu9bhm.jpg

EV6lBI.jpg

hHGy5V.jpg

cgX4lG.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Windows look good! I'm sure they'll make a big difference in overall appearance when finished! Gotta love those fun little "weekend" projects.
If only it was a weekend. Will most likely be a month. Ill be gone this weekend, and next one is off the table too. :(

@Boosted92LX Im leaning towards spray at the moment purely for ease of install.. . . . . . and that's only if I think I can't live without it.

Reactions: 1 users