Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

Well. I got shut down this weekend. The I was hoping to lay down some color, but my buddy with the resto shop was out of town. So it sits....
IMG_4218.JPG

I am working on a deal right now with a local guy. I am restoring some 1/4 windows to trade with my explorer intake for a MM PHB and his 1/4 windows. Here are some before shots. You can see they're pretty rough, but should clean up well. The process is the same as I did with the drip edge resto: Lightly sand with 220, 3-5 coats of primer, sand, primer, sand, repeat as many times as necessary to get smooth, unblemished trim, and then hit it with SEM trim black. I'll keep it updated as i get it done, hopefully this week.
IMG_4208.JPG
IMG_4210.JPG
IMG_4211.JPG

Is the tail pipe to your loud assed exhaust gonna be able to get past that?:banana:
It's actually really quiet :ninja:

. . . . . . . But no. There is going to be a lot of engineering happening. I intend to build a torque arm as well. There is a guy down here that is an engineer of some sort that builds models in Solid Works. He has some ideas to incorporate the better parts of the 3 available TAs into one super unit. Should be interesting, to say the least. I can't afford the machine shop costs for my porting project until December, so this is next up on the block after I get a chance to spray the bumpers.

It's actually really quiet :ninja:

. . . . . . . But no. There is going to be a lot of engineering happening. I intend to build a torque arm as well. There is a guy down here that is an engineer of some sort that builds models in Solid Works. He has some ideas to incorporate the better parts of the 3 available TAs into one super unit. Should be interesting, to say the least. I can't afford the machine shop costs for my porting project until December, so this is next up on the block after I get a chance to spray the bumpers.

I haven't given up on the lca project... it's just been on hold.

Nice work on the quarter windows man. I don't think I ever had a fox with nice trim

Thanks! It is very labor intensive. I'm surprised at myself for finding the patience necessary to complete them. The guy I gave them to sent me before/after pics and WOW what a difference.

I haven't given up on the lca project... it's just been on hold.
No worries bud. We both have very full plates and it's a non-issue. I still owe you $$$ for materials, anyway.

Thanks! It is very labor intensive. I'm surprised at myself for finding the patience necessary to complete them. The guy I gave them to sent me before/after pics and WOW what a difference.

No worries bud. We both have very full plates and it's a non-issue. I still owe you $$$ for materials, anyway.
they look 100X better than those crappy covers that snap over the moldings

I have a buddy that is wanting to buy this car pretty bad. I'm on the fence about selling it because I know I will instantly regret it, but could do a lot of other things with the cash. I think my plan is to price it just a hair higher than what it's worth so that if he doesn't like my price, I keep it, but if he bites, then I can't feel too bad about losing it.

With that said, I'm thinking about starting at $8k and accepting $7500 if he is indeed in the mindset that he has to have it. The car is a 7/10 interior/exterior, but is as mechanically sound as it could possibly be at this point.

The reason for this post is to verify with y'all that I'm not selling myself short, with all the work that has been completed on this car. So, what say you?

Reactions: 1 user
I thought we already went through this last summer? Is this the same guy?

My $.02 is that's it's really cool that you have an old 5.0 and a new one and they're both very nice. Don't sell the Fox unless you NEED the money. Also your Fox scratches that itch for your inability to leave sh*t alone and desire to tinker with stuff. If you don't have your Fox for that outlet then your Coyote becomes the next subject.

Keep it.

Reactions: 1 user