Build Thread The Hoopty Chronicles - New House, New garage, New Car?

• Sponsors (?)

I'm talking about a business perspective of making them and selling them to others for profit, not just for your personal use.
Oh, yeah. I'd need a more reliable source for sure. I got a box of 3.5" bends for $50 which is enough to make 2. Then I paid $25 for the silicone couplings. Im probably just going to paint mine. It's not prettty enough to coat, so I'll need to do some priming and sanding before paint.

Still pecking away at it. I think the inner fender will work with the bracket -

bzU8yM.jpg

...but that was before I mounted the washer fluid reservoir in a new location.

8Xxpyy.jpg

aOdoXk.jpg

prT0TI.jpg

Outside of that, the radiator is back in, E-fans just about wired back up, the brackets that hold the radiator down got fresh paint, and some other little oddball items.

I am going to have to cut the 45° turn off my CAI right before it goes into the fender. I cut the hole into the fender (what a pain in the D) and it just doesn't fit right. My guesstimates were a little off, but I can have it fixed in a half hour or less, no biggie. CAI couplings will be here this week, so the only pieces I really 'need' to finish the car is a new battery and a battery cable to go to the trunk, but unfortunately, I just can't spend a dime more on the car at the moment.

Reactions: 1 user
I paid $200 (shipped) for my Anderson n/a PP that comes with the coupling, elbow, quality metal band clamps and ceramic coating. If you have $75 into making your pipe and you haven't coated it yet and you wanted to get paid for your time then I'd think that $200 shipped is a very fair price considering what it takes to make them.
And it looks clean as f*ck too! Yours will too I'm sure :nice:
engine with AFM pipe.jpg

Man I love that engine bay, no promises that I won't be welding holes and tucking my 90' hatch one of these days ;)

In this pic, what did you use to go around the hole for the CAI, and where can I get it?

Are you going to install a battery cutoff switch? I know it's mainly advised for racing but I think it's handy regardless. I know somebody with a new Moroso 74102 and 1/0 cable that is not in need of it anymore.

Are you going to install a battery cutoff switch? I know it's mainly advised for racing but I think it's handy regardless. I know somebody with a new Moroso 74102 and 1/0 cable that is not in need of it anymore.
Im on the fence about the switch, mainly because I don't want to have to reset my radio presets every time I drive the car, LOL. But my budget is $0.00 right now, so unless is at or near free right now, I can't do anything unfortunately.

I still need to buy the cam from @A5literMan that I promised I'd do a month or so ago. Hopefully he hasnt given up on me.

OH, and there's a tubular GT-40 intake for sale locally for $300. IT IS KILLING ME that I can't buy it. I know they aren't the greatest, but I just want it because I've always wanted one.

Reactions: 2 users
Well it's been perfect so far. I still haven't gotten it done and you're short $$ lol. It's still yours buddy(if you're not old and senile by the time I get it done)
Good deal. Hoping to have it back on the road in a couple of weeks and then I'll have time to collect a few dollars to send your way. Right now, I'm just short a battery and some cable.

I redid my CAI last night because one of my couplings came in the mail and wanted to see how it fit. It's snug, and it's in there. The problem is that because of the way it's routed, I can't install it without unbolting the upper intake and sliding it back an inch. No big deal, but I'd just prefer it to work like it should, LOL.

OA7juS.jpg
dzO7T7.jpg
WQae2u.jpg

Please disregard my doodles and temporary engineering....

any concern that when the engine torques that the tubing will hit the strut tower? Looks close but it's hard to gauge perspective via the interwebz:crazy:
It doesn't quite touch, but yes there is some concern. There is also concern that my motor mounts may be trash so I need to check on those. You have to be careful when you let all 200 horsepower loose at once, funny things start to happen. :O_o:

It doesn't quite touch, but yes there is some concern. There is also concern that my motor mounts may be trash so I need to check on those. You have to be careful when you let all 200 horsepower loose at once, funny things start to happen. :O_o:
Still thinking here... This is dangerous I know, especially considering I had tacobell for breakfast :hail:
If the motormounts are kaput then won't this affect the placement of the tubing you've already made? I think that should be addressed first, maybe a nice set of poly engine mounts for Christmas? (Where is a xmas emoji when you need one...)

Still thinking here... This is dangerous I know, especially considering I had tacobell for breakfast :hail:
If the motormounts are kaput then won't this affect the placement of the tubing you've already made? I think that should be addressed first, maybe a nice set of poly engine mounts for Christmas? (Where is a xmas emoji when you need one...)
I've glanced at the mounts and they appear to be ok, what I meant to say was I need to actually inspect them, but yes, logic points to replacing them first. Logic and I don't always see eye to eye though hahahah

Reactions: 1 users

I really wanna ask how much a new Vortech will run me, but logic states that I have no business getting my hopes up. LOL