The inside story.

Ported gt40s with 1.9 and 1.6 valves. ported lower, anderson N-21. and a 100 shot. Going through an Art Carr AOD.Mid 12's NA and 11's on the spray. Thats the plan as of now.
People will ask why... and the answer is simple. Anybody with a credit card can go fast. I plan to do EVERYTHING myself and build a fast DD that looks stock other than wheels.:shrug:

Oh, I love this. Guys dropping loads on lowering bling crap getting their collective clocks cleaned by what they are sure was a stock AOD... great fun. That certainly should do 11's running the 100 pill, and cause multiple disappiontments. Very nice!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

002.jpg

I have the very first one he built on my car now. It still has the stock lower that was ported nicely and the upper was cut in half like what everyone is seeing. We have kinda used my car to see how far or fast a stock long block with all the bolt ons would go before it broke. So far the results have been awesome with no breakage yet. I never have dyno'd the car but i know that doing the intake swap, with a phenolic spacer , a Mac 70mm TB and 1.7 roller rockers gained me right at .500 at the track. Somewhere in the 2-3 mph range also. It has been very fun opening the hood after a 12.8 pass and seeing people look at how stock everything looks. So then they usually ask where the solenoids are!! Or what the heads have done to them. It kinda gives me pleasure saying "nothing", there stock E7's with 1.7 rockers. Then the dumb questions start flying!

I considered selling mine so i could start doing something more radical and he pretty much laid the law down and told me NO!!! He does way to much fab work for me and has donated way to many parts and labor for me to argue with him. Im pretty sure most people wouldnt pay the kind of price it would take to buy one anyway. I may be surprised though!!

I wouldn't mind trying one either. We have a stock cammed, GT40P car that has been 12.17 looking stock other than the Cobra intake (untouched). Might be fun to slap one of these on and see if it wont run the same.

We do have a stocker sitting in the house now... hmmm.

Runners are only about a half inch shorter. That wasn't my point in doing this. I wanted the flow of a gt40 and the apperance of stock. As far as dyno numbers go they wont tell ya anything. AOD with stall on a dyno= random numbers that mean nothing. Only good for the tuner. Track times will show much more than the dyno. I had six stock intakes layin around and figured that they have no value so why not sacrafice one to the gods of speed.

:D Good friend from work is also "handy with tools", we're gonna see what he can come up with on one I have in the garage, try to be "innovative"!:rolleyes: You guys gotta be fun at parties, probably some good jokes played on people, if this is what you do for car fun!:rlaugh: