The Locking Hood Options For A '67

So I've seen a number of posts on here, and excuse me if I gave up reading them all after reading my 60th thread with no more information than the first. There are just no REAL options out there for locking our hoods if we have a '67. I can't tell you about the other years, since I only own a '67. So, we need to get on one of these companies that makes custom mustang parts to design something for us. Options for me must not deter from the lines of the car or be jerry rigged, and must have some semblance of security or they are useless.

I've heard options from:

Locking hood pins (I have a set waiting to be installed barring a better option. Not the most secure, but by far the cleanest.)
Remote hood lock release (I've seen these for sale in catalogs and on the internet, but I watched someone at a car show use a pocket knife to open a hood with this installed in 6 seconds without harming the car one iota.)
Masterlock (someone said using a bike lock/masterlock is an option, but not for me driving around and parking my car, it's ugly, but would be fine for storage)
Custom lock (Someone on here's grandfather had it installed, and it looks like a great option, however it's a one off custom job and very hard to replicate.)

So lets skip the +1 comments, skip the 'I have the same problem' comments and lets focus on ideas. What are some viable options? And if there are any custom fabricators out there, how about drawing up an idea or a prototype? If it's a viable option providing security, does not deter from the design of the car, and doesn't look jerry rigged, I will probably order one. And who knows, you might be the next big thing for everyone to want installed on their stang.

PS, please don't post ebay links, they expire and are useless unless someone reads this soon after the auction expires.

• Sponsors (?)

I've used 2 options, first I started with a gun lock just because it would take a while to cut being a fairly strong linked steel. It could be tucked up where you can't see it and the tumbler painted black over the yellow. I mainly use this as a back up now if I am away from the car for a while. Used to park it at the airport for a week business trip with this. It is pretty easy to loop through the hood and latch and gives just enough room to get the end out where I can get the key to it:
Hoodlockguncablelock.jpg

Next was an option I found on another forum that someone else came up with, it's a cabinet lock. You drill a hole and file one side flat so it won't rotate. When you lock it the tab blocks the lever from moving to unlatch. This is a very clean install and works well, I need to make the fob part of the key longer to reach under easier but it can be done with the short key just a tight squeeze. Get a quality cabinet lock, my first one is a home depot job and I could probably break it with enough force so I'm going to a locksmith for the next replacement once my car is running.
Hoodlock.jpg

On a side note I'm not sure you are going to get many responses, you sure have a lot stipulations to how people are allowed to reply to your thread....:nono:

I think the issue with a release from the interior is that the cable would have to attach to the hood and come from the passengers side to pull the release. The cable would have to loop from the pass. side to the drivers side, be attached to the hood all the way to the rear then be routed through the firewall to the interior which would be a lot of cable and very obvious when the hoods open.
Jon