The Mods are getting strict!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

I think the point of this thread is that everyone is tired of being shut down when they say something the mods don't like or agree with. Also, I've never had any problems with anyone on here, but when I post a thread asking for information important to the performance or maintenence of my car, I don't appreciate it when people post on the thread just to run their mouth or give you a hard time about what you have done or are doing to your car, and I don't think anyone else does either. If you have good advice to give someone about their questions, great. If you don't, then try your best to keep your **** mouth shut.

It is true that a few people may disagree with the site's moderation. It is also true that a few people disagree with the way the country is ran. At the end of the day, we can piss and moan about things that won't change or we can get back to business and move along. I hope it's the latter.

I provided a tongue-in-cheek explanation to a user to help shed light on why a thread was closed. I could have just locked it down and left it without reason. Maybe that would have been best, but I felt an explanation was needed out of respect; I was mistaken.

I take pride in being able to participate in the site's forums, as well as moderate. Unfortunately, issues such as this make me consider the two actions nearly impossible to marry.

If you think moderation is strict here, I suggest you broaden your forum base. For its size, this is one of the most relaxed environments I have witnessed. Maybe you think I'm wrong or biased in some way; that is your opinion and you can bank on it.

I'm here to help, along with all the other Staff. No one is out to repress you. If someone has a problem, keep it private. If you take it public, be ready to catch flak for it--from users (teasing) and moderators (closing threads).

We're done here, as this is a pretty stupid way to ring in the excitement of new features on the site (signature images). Feel free to Private Message me if you have any unanswered questions. Otherwise, let's talk about Mustangs. :flag:

Status
Not open for further replies.