The Most Beautiful Cobra in Existance???

Should I buy it or not?

• Yes

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
Guys...I need your honest opinon on this car. I have FIANLLY found the car of my dreams...and its not yellow!!! Much to my surprize as well. I need questions to ask the dealer, prices to negotiate, things to look for when I go visit it. Anything that you can add will more than help and will be greatly appreciated. First off, let me start by giving a little history of this specific car:

1995 Cobra Convertible Hardtop

It has one owner who sold it in his estate auction when he went bankrupt. Its purchase price was in the teens, but not sure where at, hi/low. It was bought bone stock with 12K miles on it. The only modificatoins done to the car was performed by the dealer and included the addition of 18" 95' Cobra R's; tinted windows to some percentage; and a custom Borla exaust system from the headers back. All original parts that were removed from the car are still available to be sold with the car. The owner of the dealer, Mike, purchased it originally for his own use, as a "toy" collector car. After about one year, and barely a thousand miles, he decided to sell it. If it didn't sell, oh well, he would keep it. He wanted to see what kind of interest he could get for it. Mike contacted Barret Jackson auto auctions, to get an estimated price of what that specific car might go for in an auction held in Florida. And that in turn, is the new asking price of 24,000 bucks. While I don't personally believe that it is worth that much, I am desperate, and will try to bargin for 20 grand.

Keep in mind that I know all about the convertible hardtops offered that year, so I cant say that the car doesn't deserve a high price.

Thanks in advance for any advice or input you guys have. Smile :) :D

P.S.- Anyone willing to do a CarFax search for me on this car...that would be GREAT! Here is the VIN : 1FALP45D6SF201175

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not buying the car for its power. It is an extreamly rare Mustang. I want it for its beauty and rarity. I don't want more car, I want less numbers. The saying is true, less is more. There is a very few amount of these cars, 499, in existance to be exact, and because of its low production numbers, the value gets higher. Just wanted to clear that up.

Plus, I really want a convertible, but there is something about the roof line that is lost in a soft top, the the coupes have. Something mean. An aggressive stance I guess. Why not have the best of both worlds?

I voted no... for reasons stated above... but this shouldn't deter you, just realize that banks may not finance that amount cause the age of the vehicle. I wouldn't get it personally, but what does that really matter? Good luck!!! and post pics if you buy.

Oh, and I should relate that when I saw my car back in '94... I drove by her every weekend for 3 months... I finally broke down and bought her for 24-25K. She was the car of my dreams and still is... especially in that she is paid off!! :nice: :flag:

A question you need to ask yourself is: "Do I like modding or collecting?"

If you want a stang to mod, don't buy that one...if I had a car that was as rare as that (approaching the rareness of a 95 R), I would do nothing different except exhaust and wheels (the important thing would be to be able to return it to stock if necessary).

If you want a stang to collect and just shine it, that car would be ok (even though I think the price is high, even with the low miles).

I think the real question is, do you plan on driving the car or letting it sit in a garage somewhere?

If you plan on driving it, then it's way too much money to spend as the value will decrease as the mileage increases. It's not a collector car with high mileage.

Nada says $11,500 high retail. To me, it comes down to the money. 12k miles - so what, it's still a 11 year old car and parts are going to break anyway. Not to mention the seals are probably half dried out b/c of the low mileage. I wouldn't buy it. Keep your 12k and invest it in mutual funds. That's my -o.

just to let you know, i have seen that exact car in person and while it is very nice it is most definetly not worth the money. it was vandalized and repainted at a very youg age. while the paint was done very well there is still flaws. they have had that car for sale for about a year. there is another here in Kansas City for around $18k with 50k miles. i got mine 2 years ago with 100k miles for $6k. as for the folks who don't value the fact that it has both tops, i guess you just have to own one. it is priceless to see the looks on peoples faces when the hardtop is on and all the windows are rolled down. true coupes are a very rare item these days and that is a shame as they look killer.
View attachment 502713

bimmertech said:
just to let you know, i have seen that exact car in person and while it is very nice it is most definetly not worth the money. it was vandalized and repainted at a very youg age. while the paint was done very well there is still flaws. they have had that car for sale for about a year. there is another here in Kansas City for around $18k with 50k miles. i got mine 2 years ago with 100k miles for $6k. as for the folks who don't value the fact that it has both tops, i guess you just have to own one. it is priceless to see the looks on peoples faces when the hardtop is on and all the windows are rolled down. true coupes are a very rare item these days and that is a shame as they look killer.
View attachment 502709

I am interested in the repainting. Can you tell me more? And do you think you can point me to a site with the other Cobra Vert for 18K? I will have to ask about the repainting. That kinda makes me mad if thats true.