The Most Beautiful Cobra in Existance???

Should I buy it or not?

• Yes

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 38 86.4%

• Total voters
Ice Hawk said:
I am interested in the repainting. Can you tell me more? And do you think you can point me to a site with the other Cobra Vert for 18K? I will have to ask about the repainting. That kinda makes me mad if thats true.
i was up at red shamrock looking at an SVO and they told me the whole story. it was a while ago and i really wasn't paying all that good of attention, but it boiled down to the first owner(ford employee) had the car vandalized and repainted in some areas. some of the paint work is not perfect, which should be for that price. as for the other just go to autotrader.com and search 100 miles within 66202 zip code. the one for red shamrock should show up too.

• Sponsors (?)

Beautiful car! Very worth a good penny .... but nowhere near $23K!!! Even if I was a millionaire ..... there's no way I'd sink that much $$ into that. Not when they can be had for less .... just my opinion, though.

BlueOvalStangGT said:
Do those cars have a cloth top as well or is it just the hard top that pops off? How much do those thing weigh?
it has both tops, the hardtop has full headliner, dome light, rear window defog. the soft top is a normal power soft top. the hardtop is very heavy, around 150lbs. i can deff tell a diff when it is on. there is a dummy plug that plugs into the wiring harness that allows the soft top motor to operate, and the hardtop has a pigtail that plugs into the harness to operate light, defog. the hardtop has specific mount points that prevent it from being retrofit to any other vert.

wow they must weigh quite a bit then.

I think its cool but for that price id pay a bit more and get a Saleen.

Dont get me wrong those cars are friggin awesome the hartop vert twist I think there sweet allways wanted one but I wouldnt pay that much for one, I allways thought they might of just gone for like $2K more tops.

What price do you guys think that I should ask for? I was thinking around15-18K. I dont know the purchase price, but I am sure it not more than 18. Personally, I would prefer to pay 15K, but the guy, without having ever talked to him directly, only to his partner, sounds like a hard bargin. While it is an extreamly rare vehicle, and the miles are generously low, I still don't think you should sell it for the max price that Barret Jackson claims you might be able to get. Thats a little silly to me. If I can get a better price, then u can bet I will buy it.

bimmertech said:
i was up at red shamrock looking at an SVO and they told me the whole story. it was a while ago and i really wasn't paying all that good of attention, but it boiled down to the first owner(ford employee) had the car vandalized and repainted in some areas. some of the paint work is not perfect, which should be for that price. as for the other just go to autotrader.com and search 100 miles within 66202 zip code. the one for red shamrock should show up too.

Sorry man, I couldn't find it. I saw the one for Red Shamrock, but no other Cobra Hardtop Vert. Is that what you were talking about? Maybe you can find it and send me a link? Thanks again. :nice:

Ice Hawk said:
What price do you guys think that I should ask for? I was thinking around15-18K. I dont know the purchase price, but I am sure it not more than 18. Personally, I would prefer to pay 15K, but the guy, without having ever talked to him directly, only to his partner, sounds like a hard bargin. While it is an extreamly rare vehicle, and the miles are generously low, I still don't think you should sell it for the max price that Barret Jackson claims you might be able to get. Thats a little silly to me. If I can get a better price, then u can bet I will buy it.
i saw one go for 32k with less than a thousand miles. if you get it and come out here to pick it up, let me know i wanna get some pics of the 2 side by side.

the other one must be sold already, sorry.

At that price you are paying what like $15,000 for the fact that it is rare, and $8,000 for the for the value of the car itself.

Is it really worth it to anyone to pay $15,000 solely to be able to tell people your car is rare? And if you did tell people that, how many are gonna believe you. And even if it were rare, how could you ever dream someone else would agree to that kind of a price premium if you wanted to sell? That's just crazy talk if you ask me.

And how rare is the car really? They came up with their low count based on that color and exact option package right? But there are like a buh-gillion other Mustangs close to that car. So it's not really rare at all. I could maybe see a price premium of half that much if it were a mint Saleen - maybe. But a Cobra?

But hey, that's me. If you really love it, then go for it. And negotiate HARD. (I still couldn't see paying a dime over $14,000)

OT,

Why do all the special cars have to be found in Kansas?!!! 3 of those things in the same area? The car that I will always long for (1970 Mach 1 Twister Special) was only sold in your area. The few that are left .... are mostly in your area. If you run across one of these, w/ a 428 SCJ & 4 speed, let me know. I will donate random organs until I can come out there & get it.

SeventyMach1 said:
OT,

Why do all the special cars have to be found in Kansas?!!! 3 of those things in the same area? The car that I will always long for (1970 Mach 1 Twister Special) was only sold in your area. The few that are left .... are mostly in your area. If you run across one of these, w/ a 428 SCJ & 4 speed, let me know. I will donate random organs until I can come out there & get it.
:nice:

What makes the car so rare... So, it's a 95 Cobra convertible. Years from now it might be worth something.

The removable hardtop was an option for all cobra convertibles. While its a neat idea, it's not practicle or functional.. Hell, have fun "throwing" the thing on at 150lbs.

Nice car, but I wouldnt pay more then $12-13k for it.

That is an awesome car, and a car that will definatly demand a premium as it should. But that price is to high for what it is. It should be expensive, somewhere in the 15K-16K range IMO. But 24K is out of the question, especially if you plan to drive it everyday. The value will fall considerably. For my money, I would get a 03-04 snake and have a couple grand to mod it.

I dunno, if it was for sale for 14k, I would seriously consider gettting a loan and getting it. I mean, just the fact that it's the last 5.0L, hardtop, low miles & seemingly immaculate condition.

I still kinda wish I knew about them when I was looking for my car. I wanted a convertible cobra, but the motor wasn't that much better, so I went w/ the GT and modded it.

If I was going to buy a second car, that would be it, w/o a doubt. I feel such an affinity towards that car; Ever since the day I first saw it.
Scott

I'd pass. The price he's wanting to get for that car is way too much. For around $18k you can but an 03/04 Mach 1. Years down the road that car will probably be worth money since they didnt make them since the 60's/70's until now. Not to mention you get a new car still under warrenty for a little while longer.

1105 said:
I'd pass. The price he's wanting to get for that car is way too much. For around $18k you can but an 03/04 Mach 1. Years down the road that car will probably be worth money since they didnt make them since the 60's/70's until now. Not to mention you get a new car still under warrenty for a little while longer.

Agree, I'd take a mach over that car any day
-newer
-faster
-cheaper
-Better suspension/brakes
-etc