The Mustang is FINALLY painted

Dec 9, 2004
After waiting what seemed like forever I got the car back on Friday and to some pics yesterday. The color looks even better in person than in the pics. What do you guys think?

Picture001.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture012.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

The car looks beautiful! Any plans for new wheels? The 18" billet Magnums would match nicely.

Thanks for the compliment.

New wheels are in the future and I've looked at both the billets Magnums and a few others. But before I put new wheels and tires on the car I'm going to invest in a fuel injection system.

By the way, that sure was quick! No paint jail for your car LOL.

It sure didn't seem quick to me, my brother-in-law has had it since October.

Car and paint scheme look great, but you've got to do something about that demented "G" on the Mustang emblem. That's a complaint I've had about Scott Drake repros for many years now, and apparently they're only getting worse. Here is a picture of an OEM Mustang emblem:

You know I never noticed that until you pointed it out, damn you!!!!:D
The only reason I kept the Mustang emblem is because I wanted to keep something '73 about the exterior. If I would have noticed the odd "G" I probably would have gone with a decal Mustang instead.

You know I never noticed that until you pointed it out, damn you!!!!:D
The only reason I kept the Mustang emblem is because I wanted to keep something '73 about the exterior. If I would have noticed the odd "G" I probably would have gone with a decal Mustang instead.
Lol, Sorry, I didn't mean to burst your bubble. It's just one of those things that drives me nuts every time I see it. I too originally purchased Scott Drake emblems, but couldn't stand looking at the flaw after comparing them to my old original pitted ones. I ended up buying NOS off eBay.

When you get a chance, please post a pic of you bumper mounting bracket.

Sorry it's taken so long to post the pics, I haven't forgotten, just had a little incident with the car.
I was driving it last when when I noticed smoke coming out of the steering column so I pulled over and turned off the car and disconnected the battery. Long story short it appears that the blinker switch-which was replaced last two years ago-shorted and caught fire. Luckily the fire melted the hazard tab so I was able to shoot some fire extinguisher in the column and put out the fire.
If course I didn't know the cause of all this when it was happening only that I had just got my car less than two weeks ago from being painted and I thought it would burn to the ground.
The shop I had the car towed to said the fire looks to have started in the turn signal switch, no burning below it in the column. Has this happened to anybody else? Anyway I'm getting another column and should have the car back next week.