The New 5.0 says good bye to the Camaro

• Sponsors (?)

Goodyear tires are stiff as hell. Ford has been using those on the stang for awhile. Actually, I don't know if it was Fords choice, or Shelby's. A little more sticky tire at launch and the stang would've got the lead right off the bat.

Wonder if drivers swapped places and drove the other if it would be any different. Have my doubts. I think those are both pro test drivers. But still, you never know. Wouldn't hurt to try. Not romping on Ford, but with that Vette engine, you'd think the Camaro would smoke the stang. I think maybe the new 5.0 has a good balance of low end and high end. Could use something to stabilize that wheel hop you see in the beginning. Probably would get more traction that way.

Either way, I think the Stang has finally met it's match. I'll just leave those GM owners with their PITA to remove engine.

i cant stand reading Youtube comments, so many ignorant people post such stupid responses. i have NEVER seen an intelligent comment.

But, the new mustang is SCHWEET! :nice:

I have written a couple of tech articles for MM&FF and since then I've gotten to know Evan Smith pretty well. In my opionion from what I've seen him do with a car he's probably one of the best at ringing out the best 1/4 mile times out of a car than most I've seen. I was on the phone with him just over a week ago and he just so happened to be out test driving the new 5.0 GT in California. I asked him honestly what he thought the new 5.0 GT could do in the quarter. Although he couldn't give me any specifics, he said the car is easily a solid 12 second car. The V6 is somwhere in the mid 13s neighborhood. Wow! I could hear him ringin' it out over the phone. Love the new 5.0 GT!:nice:

Just another example of government vs. private sector, of course the Camaro lost. No, really, that new 5.0 is going to live up to it's name, and once again, if you can hang with a five oh it really is saying something.

Ohhh.... Imagine that powerplant in a foxbody. At least you wouldn't have to swap nameplates, lol.